SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

Progressing:

Added weatherstripping to the doors It really finishes off the edges and is a major step to make the car weather tight. I don't want any air leaks while I'm driving the car. Bluetooth phone calls is the main goal.

Built a seat bracket to accommodate mounting the sub belts per Schroth instructions.

I disassembled a set of Cipher seats then cut/welded the frames to shorten, narrow, and lower them. It was a lot of trial and error. I had the cushions redone for optimum comfort, fit, and headroom. They are reupholstered in leather and alcantara.

I'm about 6' tall and in the optimum seating position I have 3.5" of headroom. Should be plenty of space for a helmet. I went with Schroth Enduro belts. The cam lock belt adjusters are the cats meow. Just butter. They are super quick and easy to get in and out of. I'm very pleased with the ergonomics in the SLC interior. It actually feels large from the drivers side. It feels more spacious in the drivers side than my friends Gallardo Spider.

Last edited:
After looking up a stock Cipher seat photo, it is apparent you put a serious amount of effort in those seats. So the bolsters were raised to make a pass through for the side belts? Nicely finished, great lines, looks real inviting and comfy.

"Added weatherstripping to the doors It really finishes off the edges and is a major step to make the car weather tight. I don't want any air leaks while I'm driving the car."
Care to share the source/part number for the door weather stripping?
Thanks..

"Added weatherstripping to the doors It really finishes off the edges and is a major step to make the car weather tight. I don't want any air leaks while I'm driving the car."
Care to share the source/part number for the door weather stripping?
Thanks..

The weather stripping is from Trim-Lok. I'm not sure of the part #. I bought it from someone who had extra.

Love your seats! Which Cipher seat did you modify? ( I known what your thinking... both of them. LOL). Which model seat?

Thanks! They are Cipher Vipers that I shortened, narrowed, and lowered. They don't work stock.

Last edited:
I extracted these two pages from the trimlock catalog a while back - attached. I haven't bought any of their product yet so no recommendations.

Edit: whoops just realized this is for edging. You may be looking for bulb style trim.

Attachments

• trimlok RubberEdgeTrim.pdf
    881.2 KB · Views: 499
As of today: Either HPtuners or EFIlive, but I have been on the fence with the PROEFI or the Holley Dominator EFI ecm too.

I tried Holley fuel injection on my last hot rod, if you are not running a cookie cutter motor, I would stay away from the Holley stuff, I had no luck, a year of tearing up blower belts and drives, on the phone for hours with those guys especially Woody, but never got it to work proper, A/F mixture was both lean and rich, burned pistons, etc.

Just my history with Holley.

I've been very busy with work lately and haven't spent much time on the car in months. I dusted it off a few weeks back, swapped wheels/tires with my Z06, and made an updated punch list of the items left to get done before spring comes.

I tried Holley fuel injection on my last hot rod, if you are not running a cookie cutter motor, I would stay away from the Holley stuff, I had no luck, a year of tearing up blower belts and drives, on the phone for hours with those guys especially Woody, but never got it to work proper, A/F mixture was both lean and rich, burned pistons, etc.

Just my history with Holley.

Did you have one of the early Holley boxes? My Holley has been flawless so far. My engine is naturally aspirated but I wouldn't call it cookie cutter.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ricardo:

'Would r-e-a-l-l-y like to see some pics of your SLC outside in the sunlight!!! 'Looks killer right where it sits!

Do you have a few?

Back