SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

Some more pics:

DSC_0148.jpg

I finished fabricating/welding my exhaust up minus the mufflers. I'm still undecided where I want them to exit. I will wait to mount the body to finalize that. Now I'm creating a jig of the exhaust and working on another SLC header/exhaust kit, and I need to mount the race tail and diffuser for that setup.

Roberto, i brought my exhaust up oiver the rear crossmember so it got forced close to the bottom of the rear clip. I cut it about square witht eh rear clip so the clip scould swing around it. i started to melt the bottom of it so i put in a strip of Al. not a problem since.

Attachments

• Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 621
Roberto, i brought my exhaust up oiver the rear crossmember so it got forced close to the bottom of the rear clip. I cut it about square witht eh rear clip so the clip scould swing around it. i started to melt the bottom of it so i put in a strip of Al. not a problem since.

Why not run the pipping/tips through one of the 'shelves' on the diffuser? That's my plan.

1st shelf is too narrow unless you wanna run 2" exhaust...nah...! 2nd shelf causes you to bend around the driveshaft. then you've gotta hit the "v" between the 2 unprights just so. Probabaly a better exit route but more work / back pressure.

Thanks Jack and Doc!

Cam thanks for the pic (sorry so late in responding to my own thread). Would you mind posting some other pics from different angles? I'm assuming that's 3"?

These might help? I just chopped up 3 3"ss j-bends and mingled those parts with LS7 take off parts. The Al added on the rear clip is 2" x 3/16" x ~40" as a heat guard. looks like it was meant to be there. the 3" exhaust deosnt seem to bother the F/G. Where the gases exit, it eats it tho.

Attachments

• exh3.JPG
    exh3.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • exh2.jpg
    exh2.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • back3.jpg
    back3.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,461
Cam, do you have any pics of your finished engine bay? I was looking how you ran your air intake pipe and it looks like it's impossible to install the rear diagonal brace since it's blocking that point?

Thanks Cam. I was looking for the exit pics with the diffuser. Allan's schedule has been booked and I haven't made it up to his house to look at and mock up the diffuser in person yet.

Soon, hopefully! I've been busy w/work, travelling, and building headers. It's been in the same state for a couple of months, but I have some time carved out to get it running, and tuned this month.

Soon, hopefully! I've been busy w/work, travelling, and building headers. It's been in the same state for a couple of months, but I have some time carved out to get it running, and tuned this month.

Up and running yet. Living life through everyone else build..... Still hope to place my order by June.

How about routing the exhaust up, over and out, like Mr. Glickenhaus' Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina?

2006-Ferrari-P4-5-by-Pininfarina-Exhaust-Desktop-ferrari-cars-pictures.jpg

Of course, that shiny metal aft of the exhausts is merely titanium. :shocked:

And, for authenticity, you will need the exhaust to originate from a Ferrari Enzo V-12. :heart:

But the route is an option . . . ;-)

Bassanio et Portia :)

Up and running yet. Living life through everyone else build..... Still hope to place my order by June.

I just got back from a long overdue vacation. Before that, I was splitting my time between working on my SLC and building an exhaust for someone. Not the most efficient use of time, but it has been the case.

Hopefully soon.

Funny you posted this. I just returned from Italy last night, and while there I had a tour of the Lamborghini factory. I was going to visit Modena while I was there, but ran out of time and ended up in Rome for the balance of the trip.

I love Ferrari's, but I am not of fan of the Peterbilt routing of the exhaust tips on a supercar.... :thumbsdown:

How about routing the exhaust up, over and out, like Mr. Glickenhaus' Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina?

2006-Ferrari-P4-5-by-Pininfarina-Exhaust-Desktop-ferrari-cars-pictures.jpg

Of course, that shiny metal aft of the exhausts is merely titanium. :shocked:

And, for authenticity, you will need the exhaust to originate from a Ferrari Enzo V-12. :heart:

But the route is an option . . . ;-)

Bassanio et Portia :)

Roberto,

The work that you've done so far, is just amazing. This car just looks awesome. I can't wait to see it finished up. I have 2 1/2 years in my GTM. And I still have a bit to do before I finish it. You and Allan built these masterpieces in months...

I'm amazed and impressed.

Take care Buddy.

Mike

Back