SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

2011-07-23_18-04-05_593.jpg

Will- thank you for the kind words.

To answer your question about the flange. I don't have any worry about the flange growing on a naturally aspirated engine. If my egts get hot enough to make the 3/8" SS flange grow to a point it blocks a port, I will have much bigger worries with what's going on inside my engine to cause that heat. I would run a 1 piece flange if I built a turbo header too. Easy enough to cut it after the fact if it became an issue.

I painted my car yesterday. I custom mixed some House of Kolor kandy and put a stripe on the hood under a base of silver. My camera cannot capture the depth of the Red. On some computer screens it looks orange, but it is a deep blood red candy.

I had originally painted it a straight apple red from House of Kolor, but I didn't like the color in the sun. Too orange. Lots of trial and error to get this final color.

About an hour after I finished painting:

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Last edited:
Hey!?
Where is the silver edge stripe? Looks like you changed your mind on that, any black on the cockpit area?

Nice rich looking color...bet you are glad that is done :)

You Cali guys are killing me. Whenever I speak to you Rob it is about creating more work and spending more money. :)

It was a stretch to even put a stripe on the car. I almost ripped the tape off before I painted the stripe. I'm not feeling the silver outline stripe I showed you in Photoshop actually.

Last edited:
Rob is contagous, be careful. I just finished a mold and part for a silly air scoop such as was on Ernie's car. Tangents, you know!

Rob is contagous, be careful. I just finished a mold and part for a silly air scoop such as was on Ernie's car. Tangents, you know!

Contagious? The first time I ever spoke to Rob on the phone I hadn't even ordered my SLC but I wanted him to sell me a set of his custom widebody fenders.

Thankfully Fran came out with the Street tail and I regained my senses...well somewhat.

I still think about following Rob's lead and cutting up my quarter panels to widen them.

Allan has been a good influence in limiting my amount of tangents.

That said, any pics of the scoop? I keep hearing about these pieces growing from your car but no build thread or pictures... come on, at least a teaser shot or something. :thumbsup:

That paint does look awesome. I think I like it the best of any of the SL-Cs I've seen wearing paint. Looks pretty close to one of the two colors I am considering.

Eric

Back