SLC disks / brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
60/61 in the front, 56/57 in the rear here, which are the correct part numbers according to Fran :thumbsup:

Top class moderation going on here.

It's pointed out kits are being supplied which are inherently dangerous and a moderator deletes it.

Be ashamed.

As has been listed by more than one SL-C customer with cars delivered pre and post #23, the part numbers for the calipers we use on the SL-C are

SL6 ending in # 60/61 on the front ..this part is also used on the RCR replicas..

the rear also SL6 ending in # 56/57..this caliper is only used on the rear of the SL-C and no other RCR product...

The RCR Replicas use a rotor that is a racing rotor, and is 1.25" thick....front and rear.
It has nothing in common with the SL-C brake rotor package.

There are no safety concerns with the braking systems as provided with the SL-C. the calipers are designed to be used with the specific rotor thickness supplied.

The rotors are an OEM spec and are the same as the heavy duty rotors used on the Grand Sport Corvette.

To make life easier for the Australia ADR compliance we are going to be installing an OEM caliper on all street legal SL-C cars headed for their shores in 2010...track cars will still be supplied with the current SL6 Wilwood calipers.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, i've got 5960's on the front and 5956's on the rear. i talked to Wilwood last week and they recommended a 0.8" pad. Maybe the 0.65" fall out? If so, note to self, avoid 0.65" thick!

If you check the other side of the car you will have 61 and 57 also...

Yes....Wilwood do make multiple pad thicknesses...for many variations of their calipers and different thickness rotors .

Last edited:
Cam, I choose this pad: 7420-10,SL6,black,.80 thick
Wilwood part number is 150-8854K

These are performance street and occasional track pads..

So like uhhh, uhhh, uhhhhhh, I think I might have a teeeency weeency problem after all guys.

I went out after dinner and found him waiting for me

wilwood1.jpg

Hoping maybe if I left for an hour or two he'd go away, I came back to find him looting my melee weapon cache

wilwood2.jpg

wilwood3.jpg

I hope he doesn't head for the firearms next :stunned:

You know Fran, it really would help if you owned up and were a little more honest at times.

For example:

"SL6 ending in # 60/61 on the front ..this part is also used on the RCR replicas..

the rear also SL6 ending in # 56/57..this caliper is only used on the rear of the SL-C and no other RCR product..."

Craigs car was clearly shipped with 60/61's all round. This may be an error on your part, but it resulted in a very dangerous setup. I can account for what they are as all 4 calipers form that car are now bolted to my P4.

Even 60/61's are questionable in terms of good engineering practice on the front 1" Corvette disc.

When it relates to safety issues with your products, you should investigate, not delete such information and bury your head in the sand.

With issues of this severity, it is only a matter of time before someones life is shattered by an error such as this. Please be a bit more responsible, and less of a "wide boy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back