SLC impressions

I wish I had time to get the SL-C ready for the Grassroots Motorsports challenge this weekend at VIR as I think it would raise a few eyebrows.....but as we are busy getting our other eyebrow raiser ready, the Nemesis... I guess its OK to just display the Coupe...!!!!...

When J's finished playing with it can I have it for a few months while you're building mine?

I want to see how well it does in 5ft of snow, and how well it can evade the polar bears that sometimes wander down the road :idea:

Re: Speed data

How fast is the SLC, with a stock LS7 and Ricardo?
I have said, I think stupid fast.

[snip]

The SLC is really fast. You need to seriously consider this when you look at safety. No joke. It's really, really fast.

Ya gotta love it when a car is so fast that someone writes the above. Nice....

J,

Your reviews have been inspiring to say the least! Too bad you couldn't grab the car away from your dad to run some hot laps on your own (not implying your dad can't track a car). I would enjoy reading your track personal "tactile" impressions. Was the data logging not connected as yet and that's why your dad used the hand-held GPS?

Having tracked a prepped Viper I can appreciate "scary-fast" and I can imagine the mid-engine setup might make the cornering limits a little more abrupt when the car decides to let loose. Hence, it's wise to take it easy and work up to the limits especially with a true thoroughbred car like this is. Should be fun once I get mine set up!

Dave and Jack: "Chuck Norris Edition" :thumbsup:

Doc,
I wish I had the opportunity to really drive it hard. The time I have spent in it driving on track was pretty impressive though. The car has great steering feel and chassis feedback, and I think it is going to be pretty easy to drive hard. It is very neutral.

Bruce, been in and out of town. Have not had a lot of time to do much else. The handheld GPS was because the digidash (recently replaced) did not have the GPS unit installed. The full kit is really nice and has just about everything you could want from the instruments.
-J.

How do you like the digidash? Whenever I look at it I get a bit nervous - I like to see oil temp/press, water and fuel ..... looks like it can get pretty crowded trying to fit all that information into it to display?

Back