SLC interiors

Does anyone have any information about what switches and whatnot that were used in Mr. Killinham's car? Maybe some more photos of both the interior and exterior?

Cup-holders?? We don't need no pesky cup-holders :)
Seriously, the great chassis, engineering, and bodywork is let down (in a street super-car) if the interior isn't great. So many "kit cars" (horrible expression) have a crap interior that doesn't work, with a flat slab of polished plywood with the dashboard instruments (Lotus used to do this). Spoilt all the other work. Those RCR interiors are hectic.
Dear Dalton:

I am glad you posted this. Seriously, This gives us all a chance to reflect, to interact and progress.

No, this is not a sarcastic comment, this is a serious question. You say that the RCR interiors are "hectic." I know what "hectic" means when I talk about time schedules: what does it mean when one is referring to automotive interiors?

Is there another car whose interior is not hectic? A car which would serve as a basis for a better SLC interior? What would be required to change the present SLC interior design to that of the desired interior?

Seriously yours,

Bassanio et Portia

Hi Dave,
The B4 carbon/GRP seats are made with real carbon on the surface of the front skin. This is to keep the costs down. I don't want people to think that we sell fake anything.
Best regards
Steve Tillett
Tillett Racing Seats

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The Tillet seats are nice pieces....nothing faux or fake for sure.

The Hydrographics faux carbon was used on surfaces that we also make real carbon parts for...door panels, inner roof etc...so not sure why the customer chose to do it that way.

Hi Steve, great stuff! The hydro graphics were done by the owner. I guess he just liked the look. Your B4 seats are a natural for the SL-C. Very nice product and very well made.

Hi Dave,
The B4 carbon/GRP seats are made with real carbon on the surface of the front skin. This is to keep the costs down. I don't want people to think that we sell fake anything.
Best regards
Steve Tillett
Tillett Racing Seats
Which is why I stated they were real in the post referencing them. Guess I wasn't clear. I have the same exact seats and love them. Sometimes I go into the garage just to sit in them while I'm on the phone.

Hi Dave,
Best regards
Steve Tillett
Tillett Racing Seats

Steve, To be clear, I was not referencing the seats, only the other interior panels.
The B4 and B5 are a natural for the SL-C. With the B5 being the first choice. Good stuff! Well made, real deal!

saw this on an auto site celebrating the history of miata...simular treatment in an SLC would be neat...i know not for everyone

Attachments

• 20yearsofmiata_07.jpg
    20yearsofmiata_07.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 2,793
The interior of this Australian car is quite nice, especially the center console...

See the 'up' and 'down' arrows (used for the lift kit operation). does anyone know where to get the arrows from? one of mine has come off and i can't find it.

cheers
Stuart

Seeing such diversity for interiors is great, this is where the personalization is most evident. Has anyone thought about installing a window behind the seats and rear-view mirror so the driver can look at the engine similar to the Ford GT?

I did my interior myself with a combination of Alsa soft feel paint, Metro Styling Carbon Fiber wrap, yes GTM seats and some carpet. With the seats, supplies, stereo, switches and speakers it cost me $1100 beyond the kit cost.

Here's some more pictures:

IMGP1367.jpg

IMGP1368.jpg

IMGP1369.jpg

IMGP1386.jpg

IMGP1390.jpg

Is this the original Blue Gel-coat or after market paint?

Back