SLC picture thread

You are correct the lower part where speaker is was painted Grigio Telesto. The rear of the seats are painted as well, though no one will notice it....I kinda forgot about it till Saturday evening when I was looking for a VIN location.

To be honest, I'm not sure if they're 1pc or separate. Someone here may know for sure, I can't remember before I shipped them to Allan. There is no interference between them and the body that I'm aware of.

Joel K

Supporter
Del, I can see in your pictures that you have the inner door panels. Are they split apart, the lower grey and the upper black or does it just look like that in the pics?
There is some interference to the body with door closed just where it shifts color grey/black.

Hi Johan,

The inner door panels are a single piece. If you need any photos let me know. I have the carbon ones.

The inner door panels are a single piece. If you need any photos let me know. I have the carbon ones.

How's the quality of the carbon on yours? Mine had tons of pits, so much that they couldn't be fixed and had to be painted.

Joel K

Supporter
How's the quality of the carbon on yours? Mine had tons of pits, so much that they couldn't be fixed and had to be painted.

They look pretty good. Not sure how to finish the panels but I think they need to be buffed and maybe clear coated. Not even sure if I will keep them carbon, They are the only Carbon part for the interior I ordered. Was originally thinking Carbon Door Covers and Tillet Seats in Carbon but think I’ll stick with the stock FG seats and cover them.

They look pretty good. Not sure how to finish the panels but I think they need to be buffed and maybe clear coated. Not even sure if I will keep them carbon, They are the only Carbon part for the interior I ordered. Was originally thinking Carbon Door Covers and Tillet Seats in Carbon but think I’ll stick with the stock FG seats and cover them.

Good to hear! Yep can scuff and shoot some clear to protect them. Since they are the only carbon part you got, mayebconsider a satin or matte clear so they don't stand out? Allan did this to my binnacles and sort of wished all my carbon was matte now, although i'd guess it would be a bad thing for floor of tub since it'll see lots of wear.

Tillet B5 if you can swing it. I'm very happy I went with them instead of upholstering the stock FG seats. Just an expensive pill to swallow.

Johan

Supporter
Hi Johan,

Hi Joel,
I know they are one piece, I got them with my car. It just lookes like Allan made some changes to them in Del’s picture. I can see he has grinded off a bit just where the grey meets the black and it is just at that position the panel use to rub on the door opening/spider.
I can’t really tell (in the picture) if they are in two pieces or not.

Hi Joel,
I know they are one piece, I got them with my car. It just lookes like Allan made some changes to them in Del’s picture. I can see he has grinded off a bit just where the grey meets the black and it is just at that position the panel use to rub on the door opening/spider.
I can’t really tell (in the picture) if they are in two pieces or not.

I'll get you some close ups if you'd like?

I did snap a few pics Joahn, but forgot to take them off my phone to share. Will shortly.

IMG_20190708_064126.jpg

Back