SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

Stacey mentions the inserts for running bolts into aluminum framing. He said that there is a link on his web site's quick tips, but I couldn't find it. Anyone know where I might find it? Looks like a good idea to me unless you guys think otherwise.

Missed that. At what time on the video links? All I saw was him drilling into the frame (without safety glasses), then taping it, and screwing the brake line clamp (saw no inserts).

I just noticed that Season 6 episodes can be downloaded from iTunes onto iPads, etc., for $1.99 per episode or about $20/season 6.

Rob: I may very well be mistaken, but I don't believe it was in the video links. As I recall, it was in the actual t.v. show.

Dont forget on Monday the 26th the SL-C will be featured for one hour starting at 9pm....last weeks show airs right after the new show....

Does anyone know when episode 5 airs? I couldn't find the date on Speed or Gearz.

Fran: Is Stacey using a Harbor Freight stand? I thought they had a lift limit of 1000LBS?

Last edited:
Episode 3 & 4 were on tonight (somewhat confusing because episodes 1 & 2 had nothing to do with SL-C).

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone know if the series is going to be available on the GEARZ website?

I've watched the two episodes, but will soon be traveling into an area where I won't have access to the show and will be gone for 2 months. I have been very interested in the series, as it seems to chronicle the build process for the SL-C very well, and also identifies very specifically what comes with the roller and what has to be sourced independently.

Good stuff.....can't wait to see SD's end results.

Cheers!

Doug

My DVR decided not to record the new episode (#4) last night. I don't see them replaying it this coming week even though they are replaying episodes #3 & #5 over and over again. :furious:

Looks like all of the episodes will be up here eventually:
StaceyDavidsGearZ - YouTube
The only episodes with SL-C are #3, #4, and #5? Please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't get Speed anymore and am trying to play catch-up on the Internet. Thanks.

Eric

Dont forget on Monday the 26th the SL-C will be featured for one hour starting at 9pm....last weeks show airs right after the new show....

What is the one hour show called? I assume it is not GEARZ?
I'll record that, too.
Thanks,

Doug W

I wish someone would show Stacey how to use Cleco fasteners as used in aircraft construction to hold metal together as your drilling or placing in the rivets. Beats the heck out of C clamps and so easy to use and remove. I know they used them in the MkIV manufacture...lots of them.

If one had the stock rubber mounts then this may be an option - though I like the fact that the engine is solid mounted in the coupe.

Pfadt C6Z Engine Mount Kit
[1121000] $250.00

I noted that too - the clamps. They did say you could build this with common tools.... :) I love cleco's. I put 214 rivets in the floors of my current car - I could not have done it without cleco's. Couldn't move wrist for about two days afterwards also - made picking up my beer difficult!

I wish someone would show Stacey how to use Cleco fasteners as used in aircraft construction to hold metal together as your drilling or placing in the rivets. Beats the heck out of C clamps and so easy to use and remove. I know they used them in the MkIV manufacture...lots of them.

Back