SLC wanted

I am considering purchasing a SLC. I wanted to see if anything used was available before I tackle a build or have my own built.

TIA

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am considering purchasing a SLC. I wanted to see if anything used was available before I tackle a build or have my own built.

TIA

I assume you've probably already done this, but, if you search "Superlite SL-C for sale" on Google or duckduckgo you'll see several right now...

I assume you've probably already done this, but, if you search "Superlite SL-C for sale" on Google or duckduckgo you'll see several right now...
I have but have had no luck finding anything for sale that wasn't posted a few years ago and no longer available...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I have but have had no luck finding anything for sale that wasn't posted a few years ago and no longer available...

Aaaaaaah - THAT I didn't think to check for. My bad...

OTOH...THIS ONE doesn't have a "sold" sign on it yet...if you want to / are able to mortgage the farm ;) :

Aaaaaaah - THAT I didn't think to check for. My bad...

OTOH...THIS ONE doesn't have a "sold" sign on it yet...if you want to / are able to mortgage the farm ;) :

lol ... I can build mine with a screaming straight piped Ferrari V12 motor for 1/2 that ....

I know a nicely spec'd one isn't a $80k proposition, but $419 is a bit of a stretch...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
lol ... I can build mine with a screaming straight piped Ferrari V12 motor for 1/2 that ....

I know a nicely spec'd one isn't a $80k proposition, but $419 is a bit of a stretch...

True that.

IMHO many in the market for an SL-C probably feel the same...as is evidenced by the fact the car is still on the market. (Obviously $400K is well into Ferrari/Lambo/Pagani, et al, territory. So, if one had to choose...)

There's no question the car cost a bundle to build, though...and it certainly appears to be a quality piece in the photos. But, selling a car like this is similar to trying to sell a $3 mil house located in a $900K neighborhood.

JMPO. OMV.

Obviously $400K is well into Ferrari/Lambo/Pagani, et al, territory. So, if one had to choose...
I have a 2015 Ferrari 458 spider as a daily driver right now. I am looking for a toy. I am trying to justify an SLC vs. a 911 turbo, or Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Exige, R8, GTR, etc. (not a Lambo fan). There are so many options when talking about dumping money in the $100k range.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am trying to justify an SLC vs. a 911 turbo, or Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Exige, R8, GTR, etc....

You might look at it this way then: How many SL-Cs do you see on the road vs. MOST of the other cars you mentioned?

A "toy car" ought to be something different from what "everybody and his cousin" has. SL-Cs are certainly that! (Ditto the Ultima RS Walt mentioned.)

Again: JMPO. OMV.

Last edited:
DID YOU LOOK AT THE ULTIMA RS ? UP TO 1200HP
Not until now, thanks!

I like the looks of the Ultima Evo Convertible. My wife will only have a black convertible with a stick shift, so I could kill 2 birds with one stone (gettting her a new car).

I planned the LT5 motor for the SLC if the V12 Ferrari proved to costly. With Katech bolt ons the LT5 was 1013 Hp and 1011 Tq.

2:05 for the dyno graph

2432e352-cdf3-42bc-862b-3fd1a263db27.jpg

You might look at it this way then: How many SL-Cs do you see on the road vs. MOST of the other cars you mentioned?

A "toy car" ought to be something different from what "everybody and his cousin" has. SL-Cs are certainly that! (Ditto the Ultima RS Walt mentioned.)

Again: JMPO. OMV.
Very valid point. I do cringe at the idea of having to sell something for 1/2 or less of what it cost me though. With 'regular' cars, depreciation is an easy to judge factor/amount going in. We can know with fair certainty this car will be worth this $$$$ in x years and x miles. There is no market standard for kit/component cars.

Back