SLC wanted

I am considering purchasing a SLC. I wanted to see if anything used was available before I tackle a build or have my own built.

TIA

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am considering purchasing a SLC. I wanted to see if anything used was available before I tackle a build or have my own built.

TIA
I assume you've probably already done this, but, if you search "Superlite SL-C for sale" on Google or duckduckgo you'll see several right now...

I assume you've probably already done this, but, if you search "Superlite SL-C for sale" on Google or duckduckgo you'll see several right now...
I have but have had no luck finding anything for sale that wasn't posted a few years ago and no longer available...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I have but have had no luck finding anything for sale that wasn't posted a few years ago and no longer available...
Aaaaaaah - THAT I didn't think to check for. My bad...

OTOH...THIS ONE doesn't have a "sold" sign on it yet...if you want to / are able to mortgage the farm ;) :

Aaaaaaah - THAT I didn't think to check for. My bad...

OTOH...THIS ONE doesn't have a "sold" sign on it yet...if you want to / are able to mortgage the farm ;) :

lol ... I can build mine with a screaming straight piped Ferrari V12 motor for 1/2 that ....

I know a nicely spec'd one isn't a $80k proposition, but $419 is a bit of a stretch...

There is another one here, that appears to be current.

You might also contact Allan

AllanSLC

on the forum. He may very well know if there is anything available.

Regards Brian
Thanks. I was saving him to build the one I want if I don't find something 'close enough' :D

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
lol ... I can build mine with a screaming straight piped Ferrari V12 motor for 1/2 that ....

I know a nicely spec'd one isn't a $80k proposition, but $419 is a bit of a stretch...
True that.

IMHO many in the market for an SL-C probably feel the same...as is evidenced by the fact the car is still on the market. (Obviously $400K is well into Ferrari/Lambo/Pagani, et al, territory. So, if one had to choose...)

There's no question the car cost a bundle to build, though...and it certainly appears to be a quality piece in the photos. But, selling a car like this is similar to trying to sell a $3 mil house located in a $900K neighborhood.

JMPO. OMV.

Obviously $400K is well into Ferrari/Lambo/Pagani, et al, territory. So, if one had to choose...
I have a 2015 Ferrari 458 spider as a daily driver right now. I am looking for a toy. I am trying to justify an SLC vs. a 911 turbo, or Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Exige, R8, GTR, etc. (not a Lambo fan). There are so many options when talking about dumping money in the $100k range.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I am trying to justify an SLC vs. a 911 turbo, or Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Exige, R8, GTR, etc....
You might look at it this way then: How many SL-Cs do you see on the road vs. MOST of the other cars you mentioned?

A "toy car" ought to be something different from what "everybody and his cousin" has. SL-Cs are certainly that! (Ditto the Ultima RS Walt mentioned.)

Again: JMPO. OMV.

Last edited:
DID YOU LOOK AT THE ULTIMA RS ? UP TO 1200HP
Not until now, thanks!

I like the looks of the Ultima Evo Convertible. My wife will only have a black convertible with a stick shift, so I could kill 2 birds with one stone (gettting her a new car).

I planned the LT5 motor for the SLC if the V12 Ferrari proved to costly. With Katech bolt ons the LT5 was 1013 Hp and 1011 Tq.

2:05 for the dyno graph

2432e352-cdf3-42bc-862b-3fd1a263db27.jpg

You might look at it this way then: How many SL-Cs do you see on the road vs. MOST of the other cars you mentioned?

A "toy car" ought to be something different from what "everybody and his cousin" has. SL-Cs are certainly that! (Ditto the Ultima RS Walt mentioned.)

Again: JMPO. OMV.
Very valid point. I do cringe at the idea of having to sell something for 1/2 or less of what it cost me though. With 'regular' cars, depreciation is an easy to judge factor/amount going in. We can know with fair certainty this car will be worth this $$$$ in x years and x miles. There is no market standard for kit/component cars.