Source for master cylinder reservoir level Switch?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Other than ordering from overseas (Car Builder solutions) Brake Fluid Reservoir Cap With 2 Pin Plug And Fly Leads - FLCAP2does anyone have a source for master cylinder reservoir fluid level switches?

I'd like to use these due to the fact gaining access to this area of the car is harder now that the nose/hood doesn't flip up anymore and registering the car in this province might require it.

Are these level sensors a direct fit on the Tillet fluid reservoirs?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Isn't removing the nose a two person job though? Then you have to locate the lighting wiring harness connector precisely to make it easy to disconnect in order to move the nose away from the car.

My province might require me to have some sort of brake warning circuit in order to pass a safety inspection. Is there a North American source for these switches?

As well I'm planning on installing some sort of temporary front and rear impact bars to pass safety inspection and then remove them after inspection. So I will be installing the nose without hinges.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Fran is the level sensor from CBS a direct replacement for the stock Tillet reservoir lid?

I'm also going to install a small tempered rear window in the bulkhead like the GT40. I know it's not ideal but I'm afraid I'll need one to pass safety. In the literature I have for my province it states that all cars must have a rear window and rearview mirror.

Fran is the level sensor from CBS a direct replacement for the stock Tillet reservoir lid?

I'm also going to install a small tempered rear window in the bulkhead like the GT40. I know it's not ideal but I'm afraid I'll need one to pass safety. In the literature I have for my province it states that all cars must have a rear window and rearview mirror.

Ken, does that mean you can't buy an Exige in CA? I thought those didn't have a rear window?

Ken, does that mean you can't buy an Exige in CA? I thought those didn't have a rear window?
No, there are plenty of those rolling around, along with Lambos and several other creations lacking rear windows and rear-view mirrors.
Also, many vans and trucks wouldn't exist in CA under those guidlines.

I think Ken is in Canada.

I know- I was using the official country code. :)

It's still odd that Ken can't register a car in the great white north, while they apparently allow cars like the Lotus Exige right on in.

Both, it should be pointed out, with no rear window.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I will be looking to see if a Lotus Exige is registered in Manitoba. If so then I have an example to fall back on. Thanks for the tip!

Province to province laws are different I'm assuming.

Re the Exige, a little anecdote, possibly apocryphal: apparently when Lotus was prepping the car for US sale, they were told that they were required to have a center rear-view mirror. "But why?", they said, pointing out the obvious lack of a rear window. The answer was apparently because FMVSS rules said so. Which is why the US Exiges have a center rear view mirror that does nothing more than show a great view of the back of the interior.

Your tax dollars at work...

Back