SPF GT40 MKI P2164 for sale *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SPF GT40 MKI P2164 for sale

SPF had problems with the early models, there are some small screws that backed out on the E brake which in many cases locked up the rear tires. Its a simple fix with a small bolt and nylock nut. The wheel bearing issue seems to be hit and miss, I have never had a problem with wheel bearings and check them every time I service the car or before an open road race, my car was Dennis Olthoff's car so I'm sure he checked many things before pushing it on my trailer. There are electrical issue in the early cars also, being so limited in numbers most of these fixes have already been completed but I found and did mine early in SPF teething and think all the new cars have these problems ironed out, we will find out when a few of the new guys get their cars. As for the support under the transaxle, its just a extra brace so under hard acceleration it doesn't allow the transaxle to squat causing the headers to come in contact with the sway bar. The only thing holding the transaxle to the car is those two holes on the top plate. The neoprene bushings I found to have two much movement so I made mine solid, I plan on changing my motor mounts to solid also, its a smart move for a motor that make almost 600 ft lbs of torque.

I had two Bentleys at one time Cliff, a 47 and an all aluminum 54, I regret selling the 47, it was a fun old car with lots of luxury and the price I sold it for it was worth keeping.

Mike I drove a R8 yesterday, as the dealer (one of my good friends) said its Jekyll and Hyde, it feels like the car is driving it self, great breaks, loads of power and fantastic stereo, heated seats, cruise control and traction control. :) The jury is out on the R8 but really thinking 550 575 Maranello F1 is going to be my next car, I have more experience with Ferrari's than Audi's anyway.

Jack, have you ever driven a 456? I had one for a while and it's an amazing f-car. Less expensive than a 550/575 and a helluva car. They were something like $225,000 new back in the day - you get a lot of car for the used-car price. The styling isn't to everyone's taste but the combination of luxury and performance is great. The 12 cyl with a borla exhaust is like AC/DC and pavarotti combined with a bit of mozart thrown in. I hit every tunnel I could think of the first day I got it home. Worth a look.

I FINALLY figured it out.....Jack's GT40 is such a turn on for women that his son is afraid his gal will run off with his dad if dad keeps giving her rides in it.

It gets complicated being a family man.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

Rich off the subject of selling, do you have washers welded to your shock towers in the back? To strengthen that area?

I'm sorry Bill I forgot to answer your question about the camera, its from Walmart, $89, wireless from the camera to the monitor but both require 12V.

I had a good chat with Dick from NV last night, I'd forgotten how much time I put into this car until you start talking about mods, I have a 200 amp GM alternator with my Optima battery located in the passenger foot-well. The battery disconnect is just under the key in the picture and the key controls a master relay so very little current goes through the key (big problem in early cars). Also a 3 quart accusump with a light on the dash that comes on when the solenoid valve is open (engine oil pressure below 35 psi)

Yea I really like the price range of the 456, you can pick them up in the 30s, crazy huh? No Cliff my sons future wife just looks at me as an old man which I am, they are getting married in California 4 days before the VIR event which is going to be a tight spot for me to get home, get loaded and head to VIR.

I'm sure most of you seen the video Cliff is talking about but here it is if you haven't.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4kFLxetdQ[/ame]

Last edited:

So I leave town for a week to become a chicken farmer and you decide to jump ship. What am I going to do with you? I can't believe it hasn't already sold. An amazing car if there ever was one. Now that you can get wire wheels on one you should take the money and built a real street version. Sorry just trying to keep you in the family.

If you put me up and feed me I'll swap the motor for you and if that isn't being a friend I don't know what is. (not that we could put up with each other for that long)

I wasn't cut out to be a chicken farmer so I'm back in Coeur d'Alene taking a day of rest before starting in going through the 40.

I may still talk to you depending on what you get to replace the 40 with lol. You should sell the Lambo instead but I understand when you get as old as you are you need you comfort. And that's all I have to say about that.

Good luck buddy, who ever buys your car will be a very lucky person. We'll talk soon and figure out what to do in Sept. When are you going to Cal?

Last edited:

Hell if keeping you around means doing an engine swap I'm in. Seriously we should be able to have it done in a weekend. All in.

And to answer your question no re-enforcement to the shock towers as of yet. Although I check'em almost every time the clam shell is open.

Jack remember how much fun this all was? You could just park the car for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_9852-001.jpg
    IMG_9852-001.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_9886-001.jpg
    IMG_9886-001.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_9678.jpg
    IMG_9678.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_9805.jpg
    IMG_9805.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 533

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

When are you going to Cal?

I knew it would be a tongue lashing. Leaving in 2 weeks to CA for the annual projected maintenance.

Yes, I remember Monterey and if you remember I was ready to sell the car on the spot with all that stop and go traffic, you talked me out of it.

Jack it's all good, you're selling your 40 for the same reason I sold the Shelby, it didn't meet my needs. I'm not really trying to change your mind, you asked for a tongue lashing so I'm just providing a service.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

My car is still for sale, I will be in Monterey at Baha Cantina on the 14th if anyone wants to discuss the car.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Hi Jack,

I should be at The Baja on the 14th, it will be great to see you!

Bill Kearley

Supporter

Jack, get Mr. Muck to buy your car and get it into Canada and I will take care of things from there

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter

Jack, get Mr. Muck to buy your car and get it into Canada and I will take care of things from there
Thanks Bill it sold several months ago and now resides in the Black Forest of Germany. I wish Canada had different views of importation of cars for all our Canadian brothers it seems to be a problem for you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back