Stabbing the transaxle cooler somewhere

Where are you guys placing yours?

Only places I can think of are by the wheels, which seems like a really bad idea. I'm trying to keep it to the rear and low down so I don't run into any future exhaust routing issues.

Alex, I'm placing mine, one for gearbox oil and one for engine oil, somewhat behind the body ducts. I will make a carbon/epoxy duct for between the body and coolers.
Body ducts will receive some open mesh screening. I extended the under tray about 22.5" to accomodate this, as well as providing some free area to mount other things.

Alex,

I'm doing the same as Jack; 22.5" extensions, Port-side differential cooler, Starboard-side engine cooler (engine cooler has auxillary blower).

Doc

Alex,

I'm doing the same as Jack; 22.5" extensions, Port-side differential cooler, Starboard-side engine cooler (engine cooler has auxillary blower).

Doc

Arn't you worried about rocks from the tires pounding it?

I could have sworn I saw a picture once where it was by the diffuser, at the rear, but slanted at an angle. Hmmmm.

I'll have a stainless mesh screen covering the opening and the engine cooler has an extra mesh cover as well. You can alternatively, place the coolers at the rear as you mentioned.

I'll have a stainless mesh screen covering the opening and the engine cooler has an extra mesh cover as well. You can alternatively, place the coolers at the rear as you mentioned.

pics would be helpful of the rear location :D (if I could remember where I saw them, lol!)

Some photos of Fran's SL-C:

Attachments

• DSC_0444.jpg
    DSC_0444.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC_0533.jpg
    DSC_0533.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_9879.jpg
    DSC_9879.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 279
Thanks.

Hummmm, I forsee 2 problems though

1 - won't the cable shift cables smack the braided hoses since they run right by it?

2 - doesn't look like you can get a rear exhaust setup on there with that type of setup.

darn it. Must...think...harder.

Back