Starting my frame!!

Hi people I have all the tubing I need for my build.
I need to know where I can buy the dimens:embarassed:ions for the frame work or the full start to finish manual??? I cant find it anywhere on the net.. please help

cheers

Ben

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Benji,

You can buy the plans for the chassis from GT Forte here....
GTs40 Chassis Drawing Pack

Check out this build log as Bob is doing this.......
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/45734-bobs-gt-forte-scratch-build.html

Check out the other build logs on here also as there are several people doing similar builds at various stages of completion.

There is a local area of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club over in your area who meet up at The Black Bull, 21 Bar Lane, Midgeley, Wakefield WF4 4JJ on the second Wednesday of the month. Contact Paul Callear on Home 01709589144 Work 01302769130

Or you can contact people with a private mail through this forum

Cheers
Mike

Great cheers, didn't know if there were anything cheaper. seen a few things on the net that you can pick the manual up for £60.... but I cant find anything on ebay?

Ben

Thre is a thread where aFrench member did his own scratch chassisand somewhere on the thread he offered for free all drawings needed to cut and weld the frame
No expenses !! only aprinter and some hours to examine attentivly the work to do , where to start etc etc !!
Plus the fact you can follow his thread and get inspiration off !!!!

All you need is there ;
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/32106-riviera-scratchbuilt-gt40.html

Drawings are in page 2 post 31

You have also drawings for the uprights and more others if you take sometime to browse into this thread

Hope this helps

Hi will its taken 6 years to get round to doing the build, iv got my 351w engine and welder all set so off i go.
ill post pics of my build through out.

tips appreciated?

Ben,

Happy welding. This step is more pleasurable with a good table if you don't have one yet. Also a good way to practice welding if you need a brush up.
A few guys have taken the build table to new heights so to speak on here. Check around if you haven't yet.
Keith

Ben,

Happy welding. This step is more pleasurable with a good table if you don't have one yet. Also a good way to practice welding if you need a brush up.
A few guys have taken the build table to new heights so to speak on here. Check around if you haven't yet.
Keith

Cheers Keith,

yep I’m pretty ok at welding and will dosome good practice runs.

now iv got to cut all my own metal with drawings I found online.
GTFORTE is not taking any new projects on and I’m limited with cash (skint haha) but I can’t cut and weld with the drawings I have... see attached

Attachments

• 1E3D6D1B-8E0F-47FF-923B-F7ABA3214679.png
    1E3D6D1B-8E0F-47FF-923B-F7ABA3214679.png
    112 KB · Views: 237
  • 3A275146-EFD0-461B-BF5D-5ABC902ABC0F.png
    3A275146-EFD0-461B-BF5D-5ABC902ABC0F.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 245

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi,
Start with the outer beams and work your way in inwards for the lengths you're missing. Look at a good strong chassis like the Southern GT and make your ideas. the bodywork gives it self as to widths and heights, if you have a body to work from, and build your chassis as you go along. triangulation is easy and you don't need to calculate everything in CAD, its enough to work with Cardboard Assisted Drawings, look at other chassies for inspiration.

Or just buy a ready made Southern GT chassis and be on your way.
I started like you and luckily binned my first GT40 project after wasting years on it.

Morten

Back