Starting my GTR chassis build

Terry, progress has been slow, but I love every minute of it.

Chris, there is a diagonal in the future for the roll hoop, and the removable x-member over the engine seems like the best solution for engine/trans removal.

I wanted to double check the front width before breaking it all apart again so I had it down on the tires for a bit.

Thanks to everyone here for following, I read all the build threads and I am amazed as well as inspired by the level of knowledge and craftsmanship shown on this site.

Best regards,
Vinny

Attachments

Hello everyone. Here's an update on the build. I've sorted the front and rear suspension crossmember frames. The front cross member was widened and now holds a late model Camaro steering rack over the Corvette C4 unit. And I've begun building the cabin but first wanted to confirm my dimensions and 'sit' in the car before cutting any steel. I made a mock up cabin from currogated plastic square lengths of tube to match my drawing. I was glad to find my pedals and footbox locations were accurate. And I actually have 3" additional room behind my seat I didn't anticipate. Seeing it in the flesh on the garage floor is a real motivator to keep going. Thanks for watching. -Vince

Attachments