Steel spider

I am planning in the future to convert my RF fibreglass spider to a steel version. I have a good idea on how to make one using laser cutting and a buck.

Has anyone done this before? any leads on a roof panel supplier and anyone interested in a combined project sharing tech? Also anyone got any pics or links of a steel spider being made?

Would be long gone by now....but the problem is they are made for original pattern glass i need one hat will take the glass we use inour kit cars. I really need to copy the RF spider so my doors and clips still work.

I see in the Gelscoe cat they want 1750 pounds for a steel lid.
Shame Superformance wont sell steel lids.

What is the difference between an original windscreen and a replica? Are replica windscreens all different? Would a Superformance, RCR, etc. fit an ERA or vice versa.

Or maybe i just buy a Superformance?? Would save a lot of hassle. Will Superformance sell a basic body chassis kit?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Or maybe i just buy a Superformance?? Would save a lot of hassle. Will Superformance sell a basic body chassis kit?

No,

We do not sell just a tub except for crash repair.

The SPF/FAV/Gelscoe, etc. tub will not help you as you will need to change virtually everything else to make it work. Only original type suspension, etc. will bolt up. At that point you are dollars ahead to just purchase the roller.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ian,
I am still about, nice to see my panels popping up on the forum,
perhaps I will call in to Silvermere soon

Hi Roy
Great to hear from you. Silvermere is still the second Wednesday of the month so November is the next meeting.

Are you still progressing with your build project or is the sign business too busy and getting in the way?

Cheers
Ian

Roof panels are by far the easiest part of the spider, all the work is in the pillars and screen support.
When you build it you use the screen as a pattern and you build around it.

Jim

Back