storage wheels

Gents,
I'm interested in finding a set of those narrow wheels mounted to the car when it is in storage/shop where you don't want to flat spot the "race" tires/wheels. What are they called?

My car sits in an unheated garage, and R compound tires are not supposed to be stored below 20 degrees.

TIA

Tom

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
You could also just cut a 3/4in plywood sheet to make your wheels for storage :)

morten

Or like this ? scrap space saver wheels ( these are Porsche - sold on E bsy for peanuts )
DSCF1434.JPG

^ funny you mention that, wife's Cayenne has one of these, I'm hung up on the different PCD, not sure if there is a way to rectify that.

by dumb luck I found these -

But using 3/4" plywood might be most reasonable solution

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Been there and done that

The plywood flexed a lot rolling the car into and out of the garage. I then jacked it up and stored it on axle stands as was not convinced the ply would hold.

Frank’s “get you home” tyres are the way to go

Ian

i made some plywead wheels, but too point loaded for weight, and when first used as transport wheels in a trailer they put too much unsprung load on the suspension and broke it . The wheels shown are not pegged or bolted, they just sit on nylon centres and turn independently, after we are never going to drive on them, Frank

Back