Strongest transaxles

I am in the proccess of building a one off track ony car, that will be twin turbo charged 5.4L mod motored.

I am looking for a transaxle that can with stand 900+ hp and equal amount or higher amount of torque. I will get better numbers once I get my motor back from the builders and have the dyno sheets in hand.

Albins in Australia also do their own design h/d transaxle. It's about AUD$18k though.
You'd need to find out its max power rating too.

If someone could persuade the team at Ricardo to do a set of dog gears for their tranny it would be a strong contender, I spoke to an Iain Wight from the R&D department at Ricardo who explained they would need to hit a minimum order of 20 to justify the design & engineering time. I opted for a Hewland as they are designed to be a race box as wells as being able to handle the HP / Torque / contact patch formula.

Iain

I've gone for the Albins. A bugger to get them to fit, especially since the shift mechanism is on the tail.

Trans is rated at 'over 800HP', with the intended market for these being the off road racers with twin turbo LS chevs and paddle tyres.

The 5spd sequential is around AU$21k + GST, then for either Ford or Chev motor to run it inverted, a billet bell housing is needed for around AU$4k from them.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe Wanni's transaxles are the highest rated ones worldwide but the prices likewise are pretty high.

He does them for things like the Zonda, Veyron etc

Ian

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
You could contact the guys at GForce Transmissions about doing a gear set for the Ricardo. Fran also said that the Ricardo will hold up to well over 1,000 ft. lbs. once you add a cooler & pump setup to it to keep the temps in check. That's about it.

Here's GForce's website...
G-Force Transmissions and Long Shifters

They do straight cut dog-ring gearsets for the Borg Warner T5 and T56 used in most domestic hot rods (Camaro's, Mustang's, Corvette's). My friend had a GForce dog-ring T5 in his Mustang and OH MY GOD was it awesome. LOL

Anybody ever do Biz with RBT. I have contacted them a couple times via Email and I havent gotten a responce. Plus they were kinda quick to push me off to this guy beside them at SEMA when I was talking about the same topic. Has anybody else delt with them?

Anybody ever do Biz with RBT. I have contacted them a couple times via Email and I havent gotten a responce. Plus they were kinda quick to push me off to this guy beside them at SEMA when I was talking about the same topic. Has anybody else delt with them?

They are the advertiser @ top of this page :stunned:& Blanche has posted here on site as the new 'go to' contact for RBT ( contact details in advert ). Unless they felt that whatever you intended for the trans was outside its parameters I dont understand the SEMA thing.

Yea Jac, it was kinda strange. I walked up introduced myself and was like hey i see you guys in the forum all the time. Asked would they be able to sell a tranny that could hold up to Bugatti Veyron numbers and they passed me to this guy next to him who custom builds some trans for F1 cars.
Well lets put it this way, the price for his work was the cost of a GT40 turn-key with all the goodies. He did have some very cool shit though.. air paddle shifters...

Yea Jac, it was kinda strange. I walked up introduced myself and was like hey i see you guys in the forum all the time. Asked would they be able to sell a tranny that could hold up to Bugatti Veyron numbers and they passed me to this guy next to him who custom builds some trans for F1 cars.
Well lets put it this way, the price for his work was the cost of a GT40 turn-key with all the goodies. He did have some very cool shit though.. air paddle shifters...

I dont see much wrong with that, The ZF/RBT is/was typically seen attached to SBF 289/302/351 in the GT40 or 351 c in the Panteras etc & Ford found it necessary to build the T44 to handle the low RPM torque of the 427 FE @ the time, your suggestion of Veyron power figures etc I imagine would be outside the parameters of the ZF/RBT. Rather than waste yours & their time explaining why their product might not be suitable, it sounds like they directed you to someone with a product that might have been, if thats the case then fair enough.

I am in the proccess of building a one off track ony car, that will be twin turbo charged 5.4L mod motored.

I am looking for a transaxle that can with stand 900+ hp and equal amount or higher amount of torque. I will get better numbers once I get my motor back from the builders and have the dyno sheets in hand.

2wolves do you want this to be dog engagement or synchro mesh?
4,5,6,7,speed? the attached is a twin turbo charged LS7 making 1500hp & 1467 lbs mated to a 4speed sequential gearbox.cost $13,000.00 USD Made in USA

Attachments

• 92707 083.jpg
    92707 083.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 880
5 or 6 speed dog engagement. I think I am going to go with the Albin AGB 6 speed model with sequintal shift. Working on the the gear ratio's and such at this point.

There synchro mesh version is a rod based shifter system, the Sequitail is a push pull cable style.

For what I have read on a the trans, I will be able to use a Aftermarket clutch and flywheel set-up, I am trying to check and have an e-mail sent out to find out about the adator plate and bellhousings info. I am looking at using on of McLeod's newer Modular style belhousings and machining my own adatptor plate to fit the trans axle to.

Back