Superformance Ford GT MkII

Ron,

Here is what I got from my local dealer-

"You are order number 20. They are currently completing orders 2-9 which are dealer rollers. They will all be shipped at the same time so that each dealer will receive there demonstration units at the same time. After that they will continue to build them out increasing production in the new year to 4 per month."

They said for me maybe 8-9 months. I am in no hurry at this point. I have too much going on as it is. One year would be better for me...

Regards,
Mike

Mike,

That fits with what I've been told. I have #23, and they have projected a March or April date for my car to arrive.

As concerns the kit vs "turnkey" debate, the Superformance is the perfect thing for guys like me who like to put things together, but are short on spare time. The engine and ZF from my Mangusta have been sitting on my garage floor for some months now because I just can't seem to string enough spare time together to reassemble the car. (Which is what I must do before the Superformance arrives!) Dropping in the engine and trans in the Superformance is about all I can reasonably tackle. Anyway, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the Superformance.

Daryl

Ron McCall

Supporter
Absolutely incredible!
Let's start a DeTomaso section! LOL

Attachments

• 64644-113_1367.JPG
    64644-113_1367.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 951

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Just beautiful guys! The Mangusta and Pantera have both long been favourites of mine (after the GT40 of course!) I had the good fortune to be shown through the De Tamaso factory last time I was in Italy - wonderfully accommodating people! The Mangusta was about the only car they didn't have in their museum (warehouse) out back. Great experience and well worth the effort.

Mike,

Way to go! I've been bugging the Superformance guys for update photos with no luck. Thanks for sharing these. Look at that monocoque! That's an impressive bit of work. I wish one of them was chassis #23.

I have a few more of body panels and such...not as intereting as these. When I get back in town I will post them.

Steve, you can't imagine -

How is your new ride??

Regards,
Mike

Re: Superformance GT MkII

Here is the final result of the factory pictures, car arrived in the Netherlands last Saturday and will be shown at the Birmingham show in GB and at the Essen Motorshow in Germany.
We will mount a Roush 427 IR engine in it.

Attachments

• 67495-RVoorzijde-web.jpg
    67495-RVoorzijde-web.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 945

I have a n update that some 9 demo cars oare now on the east coast getting outfitted. I have two pictures sent to me. I also received a spreadsheet showing the SPF specs and comparing them to the 1966 Le Mans winner. The weight of the SPF is listed at 2550 including a 150 lb driver.

Mike

Attachments

• 77547-DSC08798_640.jpg
    77547-DSC08798_640.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 894

Sounds like what I'm hearing. The local dealer expects his demo car in 3 weeks. I got a call today asking if I want to have my exhaust system ceramic coated. ($850 option) Interesting that the price of the roller has recently gone up to $69,900. I can't seem to get any answers as to the delivery status of the MKI cars. (mine)

Way to go, Chris. You get the gold star. I had not noticed, but you're right. The first prototype had the front lid held in place with four dzus fasteners. I'm not sure if those are latches, catches or hinges, but the production cars have something different going on on the aft edge of the lid. Certainly not as clean looking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back