Superformance Ford GT MkII

Re: Superformance GT MkII

The question I have is, what British car did those hinges come off of? I can't seem to find anything that looks like them exactly. They seem to be longer than any hinge I've seen.

Hi Bill - try original Mini door hinges ...

14A6818K.JPG

Cheers mate.

Ron Earp

Admin

Very good questions and answer, but, they might be better on their own topic in the correct forum for future reference.

Here is how they are handling the chassis serial numbers apparently:

"We signed a license agreement with Safir which allows us to officially call it the GT40 and it will get a P number just like the originals. The P2000 series numbers will be a premium and you can chose a number to replicate a prior 1000 car.

Regular production models will be allocated a P22??? Series number and will run in sequence of build. "

The above is from Superformance.

Mike

Wait a minute. Hang on. So what you're saying is that I can have a "garden variety" SPF GT, left hand drive, center shift and a "production" serial number for the original quoted price. Or...I can have a car that has GT40 emblems, can legally be called a GT40, and replicates one of the actual P1000 series cars, (albeit with a special P2000 chassis number), if I pay a premium. I've been waiting for this. Knew there had to be a catch. So what if two of us want to replicate the same chassis? I suppose I must now wait another year.

That is not what I read...I read that a "garden variety" will have S/N starting at P2200 or you can pay a premium to have something like P2075 - first come/first get.

You might want to call Superformance to clarify.

Mike

I was asked to finalize my production order today and here is the latest info I have. I drove down to the Superformance HQ (5 minutes from my house) to talk to Lance and Deborah about it. Here is what I learned:

Options include:
Ceramic coating on the exhaust $850
Mirror on the side window (described it counded like a Radot) $unknown
Sill Stripes that can say either GT40, SPF, or GT - $750
The premium for the special chassis number P2XXX is somewhere between $10k and $15K depending on the number desired - first come first get, of course.

Olthoff Racing has been finishing all the demo cars (9 I think) with a Roush 427SR - a cam change derivative of their 427R. The cam change is to bring torque in lower in exchange for top end HP. About $14,500 for the engine +$250 shipping. I confirmed this with a direct call to Roush.

Olthoff has worked with RBT on a bulk buy of the ZF set up for the car. I have yet to confirm pricing, but it is about $10,000. I am awaiting a call back form RBT now.

Olthoff will finish off the car and dial it in for about $5K +/-.

Estimated production time is one month from finalizing the order (they are not too sure about this), then shipping time is 4.5 weeks East Coast and 6 weeks West Coast. 2-4 cars a week are coming off the line now.

The price of the roller from SPF is creeping up - now set at $69.9K.

I am awaiting a ride in their demo (if their demo car is finished by Olthoff in time, tehn they are taking to Carlisle) before I finalize the production order and options. Hopefully by the end of the month.

That is all I know for now.

Mike

Ron Earp

Admin
ahirsbrunner said:
Premium for a special chassis number $15K.

Convincing anyone that this makes a difference - Priceless.

Oh, they'll have buyers, no doubt! I imagine we'll see something like the real/replica/CSX thing that has plagued Cobra boards for many years. Remember, Superformance now has the right to call theirs a GT40, so it is written, which means now you'll have a ???????? :confused: Personally, they are all replicas to me and in the same boat, but that is me, I know there will be the division bell tolling in our midst before long.

Sounds like a pricey car if you allow a dealer to do it all for you, all done up you're looking at a $100k car or more.

R

Last edited:
pricey yes, and bound to get pricey-er.

I don't think the Roush pricing is too far out of line - their 427SR is at 13,600 with a two year 24,000 mile warranty. Compare that to a KeithCraft or similar engine. Heck, my Continental IO240 airplane engine is nothing but a glorified big displacement VW and it was 50% more than that - and didn't include the bits to install it.

The new RBT is what it is for cost.

The install at 5K or so has fat in it, but includes parts that add us to a few thousand.

Not sure where one can trim a whole lot of the fat off this one, or if I would want to.

I can see the car creeping up in price as more of them get out and the MKI is released. I guess I was somewhat "lucky" locking in the price early. Time will tell.

Oh well, it is a toy for me - certainly not an investment, and I am not buying it with an eye to sell it off ever. Purely a toy - albeit an expensive one.

I called Holman Moody last week and they are looking for $750,000 for their MKII, but they "will accept offers". I imagine they will be sitting on that one for a while.

Regards,
Mike

This thread is very interesting to me as I have chassis #17 on on order. The cash price of my vehicle was $72,450.00 and that is without tires. Options include Special Paint($750.00), Gurney bubble, twin stripes, ceramic coated headers. (Sales tax not included).
I will be be going with the Roush 427, so I'm guessing this car is going to top out at about $106,000.00 realistically. (Tires, trans,engine,install kit).
I was originally hoping it would top out at about $96K, but I guess that is not going to happen.
But you know what, What the hell. You only live once.

Mike

Back