SUPERFORMANCE TOOL ROOM COPY

Ron,

Rear clam is definitely different. You can see the webbing has been included on the inside, it has been widened to accommodate the 14" wide rear wheels, and it now has the rear cut outs and number plate/tag recess.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Walt, dot dot dot dot, dot dot / dot, dash dash, dot dash, dot dash dot dot, dash / dot dot dot dot, dot dash, dot dot dot dash, dot / dot, dash / dash dot, dot dot, dash dot dash dot, dot / dash dot dot, dot dash, dash dot dash dash

Last edited:

Neil

Supporter
Is there a photo of the special plaque with names of those who made the 1969 season successful?

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
.-- .... . .-. . ....... .- .-. . ....... - .... . ....... .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . ... ....... ... --- ....... .-- . ....... -.-. .- -. ....... -.-. --- ..- -. - ....... - .... . ....... .-. .. ...- . - ...

Try that Chris.
Ah, yes, that's excellent! Many many thanks----I remember the 1969 race well. My father was in the Navy and we were stationed in England at the time. The British commentators all said before the race that the GT40s were great cars, but now too old and too heavy, and Porsche was all the rage for the race. I remember watching the race on t.v., and us cheering the "too old and too heavy car" on to victory on the very last lap. We lived in Gerrards Cross, about 10 miles from Slough, and after the race drove there in our '65 Mustang (which I still have) to see if there was a big celebration (there wasn't, I guess people were in France), and peered in the window and saw several cars under covers. All hail the GT40!

/s/ Chris

Ron,

Rear clam is definitely different. You can see the webbing has been included on the inside, it has been widened to accommodate the 14" wide rear wheels, and it now has the rear cut outs and number plate/tag recess.

Well, that kind of answers my question. Glad that they went through the effort to at least add what looks like the carbon fiber "tow" to the fenders, and added the correct rear light and vent pattern (ala the GULF cars). What I'd really like to know is if they started with an all new body, or just modified appropriate part of the Mark I they already have. Anyone?

Back