Superlite GTA

I'd rather see a completed car than just a shell. It was just painted a week ago. Give him some time. There's only 24 hours per day!

I don't think it was a painted shell. I doubt Fran would pay to have photos taken of the car if it wasn't complete. Or at least close to complete.

So what does everyone think of some potential performance figures with a 2500lb car making 400whp with a manual trans + 4g63t?

Traction might be a problem :laugh: but with 315 rear tires, think this thing can hook up to sub 4 0-60 times?

Also, I'm not familiar with the manual trans gearing but what are theoretical top speeds at typical rpms?

Last edited:
So what does everyone think of some potential performance figures with a 2500lb car making 400whp with a manual trans + 4g63t?

Check out the dyno charts on dsmtuners, most of them have posted times. Drag 1g manuals that are fully stripped can be 2500-2700 pounds. Should give you a good idea. I'd Definitely say sub 4's for 60 times depending on your traction.

Check out the dyno charts on dsmtuners, most of them have posted times. Drag 1g manuals that are fully stripped can be 2500-2700 pounds. Should give you a good idea. I'd Definitely say sub 4's for 60 times depending on your traction.

Yeah I agree, also look into the ProEFI for traction control.. I plan on running Mickey Thompson ET street 2s, the widest they come in is 345s and TT viper and TT Vettes have broken stock axles launching on the street!!

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

Here's a video of a high horsepower supra showing the traction control on the ProEFI

Saad Racing Supra ProEFI Traction Control Demo - YouTube

I am at DSM shootout in Norwalk OH. Everyone here is drooling over 4g64 powered SLR! This should give an idea what your Apex will look under its skin :)

CB93227D-8208-4ECE-BC42-F30E187E3790-16612-00001081060B6875_zps0f080099.jpg

That's an interesting intercooler setup!! What maybe 8 inches of IC piping total?? Seems like the fan with blow thru works really well!! My old 3000GT with a custom single GT4094R had two fans on the back side of the intercooler, almost like suspending the air coming thru for a split second, that also worked really well, some guys had overheating issues with a front mount IC because of it being in front of the radiator but I never had the car go above normal engine temps, even during a 15 minute road course session when I was hitting 170mph on the 1/2 mile main straight.

When are you thinking of visiting? I'm relatively close to their facility and might try to swing by too?

I'm not really sure yet, I was going to send Fran a message to see what a good time is to come and see every car they make and maybe see the build department. I am a pipe fitter/welder by trade for a family owned business so watching the monocoque frames being built and any tube subframes being built!

I am at DSM shootout in Norwalk OH. Everyone here is drooling over 4g64 powered SLR! This should give an idea what your Apex will look under its skin :)

CB93227D-8208-4ECE-BC42-F30E187E3790-16612-00001081060B6875_zps0f080099.jpg

I kind of wish I had gotten an SLR when I first found out about them a couple years ago. Have fun at the shootout! I haven't been to it in 10 years sadly :(

This thread will be the end of me. :sad:

Mr. Wolfe
It's the girlfriend that makes you wait:lipsrsealed:. Patience wins out eventually :)

hahahaha I had planned on bumping this thread tonight if nobody else had

A bit random but... I have gained a GREAT respect for the 4g63 but the exhaust note is still something that I have to get used to (haven't had any experience with 4 cylinders in the past). Maybe I'm different but the sound of the car plays a huge role in the driving experience for me. With that being said (and before the dsm crowd forms a lynch mob), I have heard some exhausts setups that I like and then this one that I really like....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maGDu-4x5ew]4g63 BMW E30 drag race, 9.50 @ 139.8mph, with SLOW MO LAUNCH! Matt Arruda - Infamous Performance - YouTube[/ame]

build thread below
Project Zero G Forums ~ View topic - Project E30 (pics )

Last edited:
Back