april 5 08 030 (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,355
  • april 5 08 040 (Small).jpg
    april 5 08 040 (Small).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,804
  • april 5 08 041 (Small).jpg
    april 5 08 041 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4,137
Okay, now where are the female RCR passenger photo models?? We need to see what the car will look like with a female....
:thumbsup: never satisfied, are we??

Howard Jones

Supporter
Oh my God! You have just cut my budget by the cost of the bodywork and paint-job. I can't wait to see them in person. I did all the body work, set gaps and prepped my old GTD. It took me about 8 months until I was happy. Believe me, I am impressed. Those of you who have done body fitting on a older GT40 know of what I speak.

Damn fran......DAMN! You're gonna kill me!! I will have to go for twice tonight. Work, work, work.

SL-C's will leave RCR with the body attached with 1/8 gaps as standard......

I am really proud of this car and the RCR team effort to bring it to this standard.

This looks really great. But, i'm not sure what to think about having the top of my head exposed over the windshield. Will you need some sort of face/eye protection to drive this? if not, wouldn't it be better to have the glass a little higher to protect the driver? Or.. maybe to have the glass lower so a helmet or goggles are mandatory? some roll protection would be nice, too... I'm sure thats in the works though...

John.... will you ever be happy???...........:tongue3:...

Your head will never be exposed in one anyway...because you wont ever buy one....:2thumbsup:.

These cars are for enthusiasts....case in point...

Lotus Seven.....practical NO.....fun YES.
GT40...............practical NO.....fun YES.
Minivan............practical YES....fun ..NO

Nuff said.....

Last edited:
I 've seen it in real last thursday and i have to say that this car is absolutely
STUNNING !!!!!!!

Not only the design, moreover the concept and quality of build, the chassis design and last but not least the bodywork finish( just polish the seams and go, they actually look like painted but they are gelcoat, FRAN: SOMETHING TO BE REALY PROUD ON) put this car in the absolute major league of KIT CARs if not of SUPERCARS.
To be honest, before my visit it was quite sure about, that my next RCR ( yes i'm planning on selling the RCR 40 which i'm building right now) will be a GT 40 again. Now i'm very much thinking about, if this desicion will be that easy. The SUPERLITE is something very special and definitely something else to consider.

TOM

Sorry Fran, just playing the devils advocate. But come now; never say never (or ever). True, i don't see myself in this car; I would much rather have the closed cockpit version! But before that, I have my heart set on a 917 (and if thats not an enthusiasts car, i don't know what is). Just know when I finally call you and come down to your shop, that I will be serious about buying one of your toys.
As for now, I can only be one of your fans and pester you with my constructive criticism and my 'never-being-happy' attitude :shout:.

I'm quite a fan of tough-love. :evil:

Spent many,many years in Cobras with our heads significantly higher than the windscreen and it wasn't a problem at all. The Cobras did not have sunvisors, but the windscreen certainly stands more upright, although the driver/passenger heads are closer to the screen than in the Le Mans as well.

In the Le Mans I'm certainly not worried about the heads sticking up above the windscreen. Even with the rake it has, air will flow well clear of the driver and so will any bugs/small debris, especially with how far the driver/passenger head is from the windscreen.

At least the rear humps/side glass will significantly reduce the turbulence that comes at you from the rear/side in a lot of open top cars.

I'm loving the Le Mans, but then I could be considered to be bias. :D

The thing I like most about this all?

Nope it's not the sweet sweet arse car.

It's the fact that Fran isn't all talk, he doesn't bullshit and does what he says he is going to do.

So with that in mind, someone said something about pics of women in the RCR SLC :D

John.... will you ever be happy???...........:tongue3:...

Your head will never be exposed in one anyway...because you wont ever buy one....:2thumbsup:.

These cars are for enthusiasts....case in point...

Lotus Seven.....practical NO.....fun YES.
GT40...............practical NO.....fun YES.
Minivan............practical YES....fun ..NO

Nuff said.....

But wait just a sec Fran........will you please consider the following?:
Airbags (front AND side)
Headlights that turn with the steering wheel
ABS system
Active handling
Spare tire
Full safety kit built in including a tent, medical equipment, flares, CB radio, GPS transponder, etc. etc.
Tilt steering wheel (motor driven is best)
Full 6 way power seats with adjustable lumbar support
Oh yeah, the seats need to be memory seats.
And is there any way you can include those automatic seat belts from the '80's? They could attach to the rollbar.
And most importantly of all a roof.......to keep out the rain.

Yep...considered all that.....now I am off to plant a tree so I can hug it and give up on cars and wear my new Ralph Nader T shirt...

Back