T70 barn find ?

I'm taking the car to Road Atlanta this weekend for the Atlanta Historic races. I have some hay and fake chickens
and I'm going to make a "barn find" display. We are racing other cars (Lolas) and will report back with photos after the weekend.

Johan, I think Iv'e sat in your hertige car! Iv'e twiddled the bits and made race car sounds in it too!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

On a visit to Can-am Exotics (if I remember the name right) see thier (one and only example?) Lola 'kit' car. They had just broken the Audi tranny in thier car and your blue one was sitting right next to it (before you owned it I imagine) So after drooling over the quality of thier car which was first rate, I hopped in yours to check out a 'real' Lola. Right then and there I new I wanted FAT tires on whatever I build as thiers with undersized wheel/rubber looked 'weak'.

Since, to my knowledge Exotics never built a car for sale (the same reason I didnt buy one), I am now off to our friend Fran Hall (does Fran have any connection to this heritage car?)

I was like a kid in a candy store when I went out to see Fran's offering's....which one to pick, which one to pick. Jeeezuss I'm hopeless.

Anyway, I hope Ive connected all the dots accurately and havent just made a huge BOOB out of myself.
Any truth to my story?

Rob

Richard, thanks for the interest in how the Gurney car is coming along. We did in fact take it both the Petite Lemans and The Atlanta Historic Races, and it drew a lot of attention. This picture is from the Petite:

Attachments

• 72236-img_5848_std.jpg
    72236-img_5848_std.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 655
We then took the car with us to the Atlanta Historic Races,
not to race but just to display. We raced and broke other cars all weekend long. This is a picture of our pit full of Lolas ! It was a great way to spend the weekend playing with cars !

Attachments

• 72237-SVRAAtlantaHistorics2005018.jpg
    72237-SVRAAtlantaHistorics2005018.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 703
Re: T70 barn find ? *DELETED*

First we raced the Lola /Schkee SONY coupe.
Schkee comes from Doug Schultz and Bob McKee, the fellows that built the car from a Formula 5000 Lola T332. Ironically,Doug Schultz sold the Forg MK IV J4 to finance this project. We broke a Shock and it was a wild ride in the turns.

Attachments

• 72238-IMG_3941.jpg
    72238-IMG_3941.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 613
So we get out The Budweiser car that I was supposed to be co-driving with John Paul Jr. and noticed a loose ring gear type of vibration the second lap....

Attachments

• 72240-IMG_3924.jpg
    72240-IMG_3924.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 600
And spent the night trying to fix it while J>P>Jr. fought off the Hurricanes

Attachments

• 72241-SVRAAtlantaHistorics2005028.jpg
    72241-SVRAAtlantaHistorics2005028.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 594
So we had to take a step back and run the Lola Heritage T70.
It is a good car in it's own right and I guess that it was the one that "Mesa" sat in.
In answer to your question Mesa, I have all of the Lola Heritage T70 cars and chassis, bought as a package.

Attachments

• 72243-11-14-05_0039.jpg
    72243-11-14-05_0039.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 634
Fran Hall is one of the few that I trust to wrench my racers, and he has agreed to help with fitting the body that WAS on the Gurney car onto one of the Heritage Lola chassis. Yes, I said was, as the Gurney car is well on it's way back to a Spyder. We found enough of the original pieces that it had to be done. The very crucial original center support was located as was the nose mold. Pictures coming soon. Thanks for the interest !

Thank you, Johan.

It's great to see these fabulous cars in action.

What are you planning to do with the coupe body? Is it going on the Gurney car, or do you have something else planned?

I'm very keen to see photos as you progress if you get the chance (to post the photos, that is; I'm sure you'll progress).

All the best

Johan,

Is that Chuck Beck's 904 replica you're parked next to in the pic from the Petite Le Mans?

I met Paul Wilson at the Hilton Head Island Concourse D' Elegance and we parked our cars next to each other for comparison. Mine is the one with the chickens on it.

Attachments

• 72556-11-03-05_1358.jpg
    72556-11-03-05_1358.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 741
I need a new camera, but here we are putting the spyder body back on.

Attachments

• 72557-11-04-05_1603.jpg
    72557-11-04-05_1603.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 651
Back