Technical Support at Le Mans Classic

The Club has a new member who owns a garage at Le Mans, in the village of Arnage. He owns a CAV and will shortly have a distributorship.
He has kindly offered garage assistance to any Club members who may need it while we are down there.
If you want the details of the garage, its owner and his mobile phone number, please contact me with your membership number at my address in the front of your magazine.

Bearing in mind previous years when work has been required on GT40s at Le Mans, this could be very useful, but let us hope that no one needs his help!

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
May I suggest that it might be useful if someone (Roy perhaps) has this info at hand at Le Mans - just in case?

Chris
I may have sold my car, but it will still be there !! and the new owner has assured me that it has run perfectly since he brought it.
About time for a clutch change me thinks !!!!.
John If you read this your warrenty expired last week.

See you all at the Karting Nord car Clinic.

Ian

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I know I have also been a key recipient of assistance in previous years at the Le Mans Classic (and elsewhere) but am really hoping this time will be different...

I have had a fair amount of work done on (some aspects of) the car, which was finally back together yesterday.

Managed to take it on an hour and a half test drive on Sunday, without the air-con though (as not fully back together then), and experienced no overheating (or other) problems.

Still occasionally temperamental starting, but this will now have to wait to be addressed as it still gets there eventually (everytime this year except at Stoneleigh!)

Now just need the air-con recharged and it should be ready.

Oh, and then the small matter of getting me, my Brother and all our gear packed in it somehow!

May I suggest that it might be useful if someone (Roy perhaps) has this info at hand at Le Mans - just in case?

I have already e-mailed everyone on Maxi's list with the details of the garage, the owner and his mobile phone number.
If everyone who received the e-mail prints it out and takes a copy in their document pack, there should be enough copies at Le Mans for anyone who needs them to have access to the details.
Anyone else who wants the info, see the first post in this thread.

I was going to respond to Chris' and Ian's earlier postings but thought it best not to tempt fate before going to LMC.However now safely back in the UK in one piece, I can report no major problems were encountered apart from a slight misfire that lasted about 5 seconds as I accelerated out of the Mulsanne corner on the first lap. Oh dear I thought here we go!! In fact the car behaved well, relishing those French roads.

By the way Ian, you never mentioned a warranty with the car!

Back