Teething problems with G50 & 2nd drive - suggestions please

Thanks Jack, Just finished pulling the pan & main cap & checking that 1/2 hour ago - all looks good on this end.

I was confused about how it could have worked at all until I pulled the bearing and looked inside - Apparently when the shaft was simply rubbing on the bearing (aluminum casing) it was able to slide over the surface and was easily enough overcome with the shift forces. However, after enough aluminium "bits" and particles got in there, it completely seized up against the shaft and that's when everything went haywire.

As to the crank & bearings - measured fine - no signs of wear - I got REALLY lucky!

Thanks again!

Dave

Hey Chris,

That's a very kind offer - but I've already ordered one from Peter and it's on it's way.

Thanks for the offer though and, If I'm dumb enough to screw this up again, I might take you up on it!!

Dave

David,

I always knew you were incompetent. Specifically,,, when you hired me at “variac”.

At this rate it will be 10 years before this car is registered or road worthy.

Please make sure you don’t install the transmission sideways, when putting it back together.

Please let me know, if you have any difficulty when it comes to installing the stereo or the fuzzy dice, I will make SURE you don't mess those up.

Back