The Dole.

Keith

Sorry, just realised I inadvertently nicked MikeP's shit analogy from another thread.

It's the word of the week.

Odure... Happy to be here, right in it, but only up to my ankles :)

Sorry, just realised I inadvertently nicked MikeP's shit analogy from another thread.

It's the word of the week.

Odure... Happy to be here, right in it, but only up to my ankles :)

Mike won't mind he is very generous man even with his shit.....er hold on that doesn't sound right :eek:

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Believe it or not I'm all for helping the dis- abled and those needy people who need a hand up rather than a hand out.
I get furious when I see my tax dollar being used by some lazy bastard to buy a plasma T.V. Rather than spending it on bus and train fares to the next job interview.
I see no problem with a work for the dole scheme, a couple of days a week doing
Community work and the rest of the week free to job hunt. What is wrong with that?

Pat

Supporter
Veek,

Exactly, like many others in a similar postion (new college graduates and others attempting to enter the work force for the first time. etc etc etc) they need our support.

It does not appear they will get it if our "young lady" had her way, they are unemployed and in the case of the vets have some 22inch rims / assets from when they were employed.

Say Nick, it looks like you did a cut and paste into my quote. It's referencing info from the #1 post of Bob's. I made no mention of ...22in rims etc.

Last edited:
172PXNRZYB.aHR0cDovL2djYXB0YWluLmNvbS9tYXJpdGltZS9ibG9nL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDA4LzEwLzE0MzA1ODYwNXNqc2lmaV9mcy5qcGc....1.jpg

Say Nick, it looks like you did a cut and paste into my quote. It's referencing info from the #1 post of Bob's. I made no mention of ...22in rims etc.

Sincerest apologies just goes to show it’s not just the unemployed that can get wrongly tarred with the same brush ;)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nick just curious, how much did you give last financial year to help the poor starving children, the homeless, the unemployed etc?

Nick just curious, how much did you give last financial year to help the poor starving children, the homeless, the unemployed etc?

Not enough, and not as much as I could afford, I'm no widow with two mites. ;)

So if it was my responsibility and not the Governments many more may well suffer.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not enough, and not as much as I could afford, I'm no widow with two mites. ;)

So if it was my responsibility and not the Governments many more may well suffer.

It was a cheeky question anyway, I agree it is the governments responsibility
But they are really bad at it and many many people take advantage of the governments slackness and prosper from it.
I paid a huge amount of tax last year and I resent my tax dollar being used to subsidise able bodied men and women who could work if they wanted to.
And don't tell me there are no jobs available, one example several major hotels in OZ have rooms closed because they cannot get cleaning staff to service them.
I have stated previously that I have no problem looking after people and children
Who are incapable. But I firmly believe that able bodied people should work for the dole.
It won't happen of course because people on welfare vote and bastard politicians
Will do anything not to lose a vote. So many in Oz getting some form of welfare I would be surprised if they didn't have the balance of power.

P.S. yeah I know children are people but I'm to lazy to re phrase it.

Back