The paddock enter ony if you have something sanitised to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

Hi everyone. I am unable to comment really as it is not my site. I have no issues with what you say but it strikes me that all you seem to want to contribute to the Paddock is political/religious controversy and resulting shitfights, which seems a bit intellectually limiting in the scheme of things, not to mention incredibly boring. There surely must be better sites for that kind of activity? I don't know, this is the only forum I have ever contributed to.

Being called 'Politically Correct' I suppose is the new 'Racist' . There is nothing remotely wrong with being 'politically correct' if the site owner makes a commercial decision that he doesn't particularly want his bandwidth cluttered up with non relevant and in some cases, abusive rhetoric.

My advice would be to lobby Ron & Randy so that they may consider the Paddock's future and appoint an appropriate moderator. I only took it on as I know that the plug was certain to be pulled on it. I consider I have done my bit to keep the Paddock open and I feel it is time for me to move on. There are several reasons for that but mainly my health is just not up to it.

So there it is. You have a working Paddock, all squeaky clean and presentable and what happens next is up to you.

I would like to thank the considerable number of people who voiced their support on PM's for the past 6 months, the only pity being that they didn't feel a need to post here regularly.

Thanks all and Happy Paddocking..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete

Okay, I'll bite, in the name of anarchy, regarding your interest in Americun politics. In the past I have voted for the candidate who I thought would do the least amount of damage. I voted against people. This time I want to check the box, "None of the Above." One of the candidates should have had charges filed against them by now for mishandling of classified materials (of the highest degree of sensitivity). The other is one of the last people I would want with his finger on the nuclear deterrence button, so driven are they by ego. To the latter's credit, they have had a few hot wives so I put them one rung above the other on the ladder in the cesspool of politics.

Hope that contributes to your good day.
Thank you, what are the alternatives or do you have to choose one or the other?

Thank you, what are the alternatives or do you have to choose one or the other?

We're not quite to the point of having to choose one or the other, but those are the two presumed nominees. A lot can happen, both legitimate and shenanigans, between now and the real voting this fall.

At this point, the only way that Trump won't be the Republican party nominee would be a contested convention. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the party is so factioned right now that a lot could go horribly wrong. The two candidates who will have by far the most voter support going into such a convention (roughly 70% of voters have voted for one or the other while the remaining 30% were split among the other 12 candidates) are both opposed by the party leadership who can change the rules of the convention at any time and propose anyone they want as a candidate during the convention (not necessarily someone who has even been in the race). Between those two most supported candidates, it appears there are large groups of the Trump supporters who will break away from the party if Trump does not get the nomination, but there are large groups of the Cruz supporters who want to be active but at least claim they will not vote for Trump under any circumstances. And if the party leadership manages to force a third person into the nomination, you can be sure large groups from both the Trump and the Cruz supporters will not vote for them.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm just back to home and trying to sort all this out. Meanwhile - know that this is Ron's forum from end to end. Along with the other moderators, I just try to keep the peace and kick the chaff to the curb - sometimes with a judicial whack of the Ban Hammer.
For now, I will close this thread and will consult with the others and get back to you all.
Mean while - please refrain from entering politcal or religious threads here..
Thanks for your tolerance and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back