"The Scarlet S" or "Getting it in writing isn't good enough"

Re: \"The Scarlet S\" or \"Getting it in writing isn\'t good eno

Neal,

I've just been browsing throufgh your build pics, and very nice it looks too.

I came across a link to some pics of 1033 you took, and noticed it has a switch on the steerring wheel :
http://home.comcast.net/~nealameldrum/1033/Nov24_0140.jpg

Any ideas what this was for ??
I've heard of flashing false brake lights, but didn't think that was on this car. Also interesting to see it has pipework running on the inside of the carpeted cockpit...

Cheers,
John.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a web pic of the separate parts if it would help you machinists out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture of the window vent parts has text over it saying "These parts will be available shortly. Contact us at "[email protected]" for more information."

The window vent pieces look correct, for cars that used metal hardware.

Would someone who needs the parts like to contact them and find out when/how much?

I did make a contact, info as follows.
Authentic GT40 side window hardware:

If we can find enough GT40 forum members that we can place an order for 20 (or more) sets of GT40 side window hardware, Racingicons has offered to produce a run of authentic window hardware... and sell them at a substantially reduced price. Racingicons usually doesn't sell individual parts, but this is an opportunity to change that AND save some money. A "group purchase" of 20 sets: $295 per set (plus shpg). They are NOT asking for any money up front, just that each of us follow through with our promise to purchase!

The hardware sets will be exactly as original and will be fabricated from either plastic mat'l (as used on original MKI road/race coupes and MKII's) or aluminum mat'l (as used on original late production MKI race coupes & Gulf cars). We can order either material... as long as the total quantity reaches at least 20 sets.

Each window hardware set will be complete with hinges, hinge pins, rubber o-rings, spiral rings, plated sliding latch mechanism and mounting screws that will fit 1/8" to 3/16" thick side windows.

The offer is good until the end of March. CNC machining will begin once the orders reach 20 or more sets, and shipping will be approx 30-45 days after that. Check out the racingicons.com website and/or email them with your order, name & shipping address at: [email protected].

Yes, one of the sets will be going on my 1966 GT40 AM/1.

Ron Earp

Admin

AL GT40, start a new thread in the All GT40 section with this post and have members port to the thread if they are in or not.

R

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter

Try these people........

http://www.bryanwingfield.com/Templates/Parts.htm

they say

"We have been supplying these items since the mid 70's, including as 'OE' to Safir for the Mk 5.

Window Set - £196 complete with all fixing screws etc"

I'm saving up for the Mag hubs............

Attachments

• 57383-WindowHardware.gif
    57383-WindowHardware.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 333

I have 9 sets (2 windows in a set)in aluminium. I will post pic's 1-2 weeks. They are as close to the origonal design as possible. Price AU$320.00 plus shipping and any tax that might be applicable. They are expensive little suckers to fabricate. If any one is interested my email is [email protected].

Back