THE SUSSEX GT at GOODWOOD

Dave Collins

Supporter
I have booked up as well. Sounds like it will be a memorable couple of days.

Time to get the 4 box exhaust re-fitted instead of the luggage boxes.

Dave

It's great to know that you will be taking part Dave :thumbsup:
Things are shaping up nicely for a great couple of days.

Entries are building nicely for this event and we already have a nice mix of cars entered. Recently confirmed as a participant is Dave Bilyk in his immaculate GT40 by Dax.

We have just released a limited number of track day only places for The Sussex GT at Goodwood on 12th May. If you would like to fully explore your cars capabilities on this historic circuit and to enter your GT40 into this exciting event, then email us for full details at [email protected]

Keith

Is there any way I could gain entrace with my car and get close to the track so that I can film and take some photos etc? Only an amateur photographer with an oxygen dependent disability so could not move from the car.

I had hoped for more this year, but if it's only this event it will be worth it.

No problem if it's a no go.

Let me know,

Thanks...

Edit: I ask also as a former owner of a Shelby GT350 and a 289 Sunbeam Tiger

Edit II: Just received this most courteous and promp reply from the organisers:

"Dear Keith

You are welcome to spectate at the circuit.

You should be able to access the perimeter of the circuit via the main gates
to take photographs.

Regards & best wishes"

Bill Telford

Event Director

The Cobra Drivers Club

What a nice chap. Great stuff. If I feel up to it I will head that way with as much oxygen as I can get on board and have at it. I have HD Movie cability along with HD Nikon Coolpics and an ancient Nikon D70 Vintage SLR so hope to get a good position for some track action.

Last edited:
There are still some spaces left for GT40s for this event particularly for the track day, if you want a real experience and have not driven Godwood before, then this is a great chance to experience the UKs fastest track, and emulate the originals you have watched at the revival.

Frank, will you be attending and drving a GT40? I believe you have a CAV car heavily modded/improved that I would really like to compare lap times with an original. There is always a lot of chatter about how the replica's are better cars then the original so this might prove an interesting test if run on the same track.

Ok, maybe we won't have a Super-Star highly paid driver in the replica but I'm sure we can get a rough idea. Then again didn't I read that last years event ran more then a few SPF's? Just curious mate...

I am looking forward to coming along to this on the Sunday just as a spectator though as not sure mine will be ready by then.... Buuuuuuuut should any kind person like to take me out for a spin and break my GT40 virginity I would defiantly not say no :anxious::grinf:

Paul

Glenn M

Supporter
Frank, will you be attending and drving a GT40? I believe you have a CAV car heavily modded/improved that I would really like to compare lap times with an original. There is always a lot of chatter about how the replica's are better cars then the original so this might prove an interesting test if run on the same track.

Ok, maybe we won't have a Super-Star highly paid driver in the replica but I'm sure we can get a rough idea. Then again didn't I read that last years event ran more then a few SPF's? Just curious mate...

Hi Jimmy,

For a rough idea, at last years GRRC (Goodwood Road Racing Club) Spring Sprint there was an original in the same class as my Southern GT, and I won the class! I am definitely not a S.S.H.P.D. well, only in my dreams!

Glenn

P.S. This year the Sprint is on Saturday the 10th May - A long weekend of Octane fueled fun!

Last edited:

Dave Collins

Supporter
Paul - not sure exactly what times cars will be at circuit on the Sunday as it is a road tour out and back in morning and afternoon with a lunch stop to circuit. Main track time on circuit is on the Monday. No doubt exact arrangements will be available closer to the event.

Hope to see you sometime over the two days.

Dave

Ah bugger, maybe I won't make it then as off on holiday on the Monday, have a great day though and I may well see you guys driving around on the Saturday :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not long now. Made my final payment and just a few more tweaks to my car. I'm looking forward to experiencing the Goodwood circuit for the first time, having been a spectator thier many times. I'm particularly looking forward to meeting up with Sir John Whitmore and 'Gentleman' Jack Sears at the dinner on the Sunday evening. They always have such fantastic stories to tell. ...' can't wait!

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Phil, excitement building here too, in the garage every night after work and going through my punch list, I get all the inspiration I need by looking at the entrant pics on the Cobra Drivers Club fb page. Cut back the paintwork today and started to put decals on.

Keith, hope you can make it, let us know what car to look out for.

DaveB

Keith

That's easy Dave:

But with a Clio Williams 2 litre engine..... Nought to crapola in about 5 seconds. Too fast for me.. :stunned:

Glenn, sorry I missed your earlier post. Thanks for the info.....I'm sure you're a much better driver then you make out. You've got a fantastic car too from what I recall.

I bet you turned a few heads that day.

Back