THE SUSSEX GT at GOODWOOD

Is there any info available which cars will attend? It does sound like a very nice event to visit, but don't want to drive all that way from the main land to see three GT40's present.

John

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi John,
The entry list is
1 Cobra Daytona
5 Cobra 289
1 Cobra 427
2 AC Greyhound
1 GT40 Mk II
2 GT40 MkI
9 Sunbeam Tiger
8 Mustang (Mach 1, BOSS, Notchback, Bullit, 460, etc)

Regards
DaveB

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Ready and polished! We set off on Friday down M6 to Midlands then Sat to Goodwood. Give us a wave if you see us on the way!

Attachments

• 20140505_151401.jpg
    20140505_151401.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 294

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Chris, going by Bill Telford's response to Keith a yes. But on a second reading I notice the word 'should', maybe a phone call to the circuit would confirm that there will be access.

"Dear Keith

You are welcome to spectate at the circuit.

You should be able to access the perimeter of the circuit via the main gates
to take photographs.

Regards & best wishes"

Bill Telford

Event Director

The Cobra Drivers Club

I live only a mile or so away and regularly go to the circuit, it is always open when I go, though I have seen the gates shut over Christmas etc, I would be very surprised if it was shut on Monday and don't forget businesses operate from inside the circuit as well as an airport....

Keith

Hey guys, I have just got out of hospital following an 8 day emergency stay and unfortunately there is no way I could see myself making it this weekend.

Seriously bummed off..

But........

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Keith, sorry to hear that, was looking forward to meeting you there. Hope you are more mobile again soon.
DaveB

Keith

Thats nice Dave, thanks. However there is a BUT.....in there :)

But, as in everything might change.

Forecast is dry but with plenty wind for Sunday - so expect around 40-50 mph in gusts, and although it is not that exposed, the wind can rip through there from the coast. Known locally as "Tornado (waterspout) Alley" - the coast (@Selsey) not Goodwood

Will do my utmost.

Looks like I may have a free pass for an hour or so Monday morning, what time is everyone arriving at the circuit?

Paul

Dave Collins

Supporter
Paul,

Cars arriving from 08:00 for noise test and briefing.

Morning track sessions 09:00 until 12:30
Afternoon track sessions 13:30 until 17:00

Hope to see you Monday if you are able to make it.

Regards

Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Arrived at Goodwood Hotel. Anyone else here? I heard someone else arrive I think!
Update + a brace of Sunbeam Tigers!

Last edited:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Had a great day today, the weather was great , no rain, wind in only a couple of exposed areas. Favourite cars for me were Shelby Daytona , awesome quality look to it, and Boss Mustang what a fantastic exhaust note.

Keith

Sorry I couldn't make it Dave. Not been out of hospital for 24 hours yet! It was always going to be a bit of a stretch.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
That's tough Keith but it's not worth risking it. I'm sure there will be some video posted later. Hoping to get some in car bullet camera recording done,
Going to check the weather forecast now!
DaveB

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Had a great day and the car performed well, I learned a lot. Left after a torrential downpour of hail, all went well until Warwick services, see another thread. Awesome cars awesome company!

Dave Collins

Supporter
As Dave says a great couple of days were had by all. It was good to meet up with a very friendly bunch of fellow owners and share experiences both old and new. I really enjoyed my first experience of the Goodwood circuit which was excellent in the dry and very tricky after the lunchtime hail storm whilst it was drying out, and in fact was slippery in places for the rest of the afternoon. Even more respect now for all the GT40 drivers during the wet quali for the revival!!

It was great to be able to talk to Sir John Whitmore and Jack Sears and hear some of their great stories first hand and for the interest that they showed in our cars.

I have attached a few pictures which hopefully give a little flavour of the day, especially of the lunchtime hail storm where we realised we were in one of the pit garages that flood. When I moved the car there was at least a 2 inch high tide mark on the rear tyres.

Finally thanks to Bill for organising a great get together.

Dave

Attachments

• 1205SussexGT_01sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_01sml.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 1205SussexGT_05sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_05sml.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 1205SussexGT_27sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_27sml.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 277
  • 1205SussexGT_38sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_38sml.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 1205SussexGT_44sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_44sml.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 296
  • 1205SussexGT_46sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_46sml.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 1205SussexGT_71sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_71sml.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 1205SussexGT_78sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_78sml.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 1205SussexGT_87sml.jpg
    1205SussexGT_87sml.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 280
Dave & Dave

Glad that you both enjoyed the event so much, the feedback from all those that took part has been nothing but positive. It was great to have both of you as participants.
It was fantastic to get such an interesting group of cars together for the two days and to see everyone getting along so well with each other.
More photos can be found via this link https://www.facebook.com/1566067478...6606747868855/241885376007658/?type=1&theatre

Thanks for your support and see you in 2015 :)

Bill

Back