These are funny little cars !

Querky little things aren't they...Actually look quite cool driving around the Italian streets. I like them.

Martin

Attachments

• DSCN2916 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN2916 [640x480].JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 243
yes, light, small, funny to look, we build one with a honda cbr1000r motor, hihih, more power than the original,......

Attachments

• DSC00333_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC00333_Größe ändern.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00123_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC00123_Größe ändern.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 246
Hey Just,

Dave's got a point, fancy getting rid of the rear seats and putting a V8 in there ? Only kidding.

I was in Austria two weeks ago. Innsbruck not Vienna, but I'd love to have a look at your cars if I get to Vienna sometime soon. There must be a market for these little cars ! What a stable mate for my GT40 and MGB V8. Something that will make the neighbours laugh (At me rather than with me). But who cares. Life is too short. Too cool......

Not really Richard but I've never been one to take myself too seriously so anything that brings a smile.
The Gt40 is the ultimate dream machine in my book. The little Fiat is a thing of fun and curiosity but also history. Actually driving around town in one.. Well it'd bring a smile to my face, but in a very different way... Almost embarrassed but at the same time who cares to those that scorn..
:helmet:
Martin

They (Bambinos) are true classics, and for many years were the affordable car of choice for Italian families. They are $A15,000 or more here, in Oz, in good condition.
Actually, the Abarth versions with a huge 650cc motor and sporty wheels, exhaust, etc. are quite fast and pretty cool, if you can find one.

Dalton

great little rockets that bring back alot of memories, a mate of mine had one years ago and they put a highly developed 850 sport engine and box in it. also had the customary Key poking out of the boot lid.
only had one major problem and it happened a couple of times , kept getting blown over in a cross wind, very embarasing when traveling a straight peice of road and you fall over all of a sudden
he finaly got rid of the shell and bought an 850 fast back and stuck the motor in that, much more stable.
was a lot of fun though,all the same
John

BigB, looks like you've done the full monty on the Abarth mods - looks great! Is that a Washington plate? I'm in Seattle and have a bunch of 600 Abarth and OSCA stuff available. I'd love to see your 600!

hi, if you are in vienna, you are welcome in my crazy car companie, hahaha, we had a lot of funn-power-vehicles,......

TEAM JUST

<HR style="COLOR: #000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hey Just,

Dave's got a point, fancy getting rid of the rear seats and putting a V8 in there ? Only kidding.

I was in Austria two weeks ago. Innsbruck not Vienna, but I'd love to have a look at your cars if I get to Vienna sometime soon. There must be a market for these little cars ! What a stable mate for my GT40 and MGB V8. Something that will make the neighbours laugh (At me rather than with me). But who cares. Life is too short. Too cool......<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
BigB, looks like you've done the full monty on the Abarth mods - looks great! Is that a Washington plate? I'm in Seattle and have a bunch of 600 Abarth and OSCA stuff available. I'd love to see your 600!

Yes, Washington state. I'm out in the Duvall area. She's sleeping right now, as I am in process of suspension swap (independent coil-overs up front), and full CV drive lines (I'm tired of replacing flex joints). I would be interested in part information from you too.

kenshiro8<!-- google_ad_section_end -->, you will be happy to know that I have owned and taken care of her since I was 16....errrr...I did sell her once because I was strapped for cash, but tracked her down after two years of misery without her, and she'll never leave me again. Sounds like a girlfriend or something. It certainly is love. :)

Paolo,
Here are a couple of photos of a local car that was for sale recently.

Dalton

Attachments

• DisplayImage3.jpg
    DisplayImage3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 184
  • DisplayImage5.jpg
    DisplayImage5.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 190
Back