Things to see and do in Seattle.

Hi Guys

We're planning on going to Seattle this weekend.... any advise on places to visit while we're there???

Science Center - It's sort of centered around kids, but I always enjoy it.

Experience Music Project - Very strange looking building. Have never been because it cost so much, but have heard it's interesting.

Pike Place Market - Fun to see them throw the fish.

San Juan Islands - My favorite thing to do if you have time. The top of Mt. Constitution has one of the best views I've ever seen.

Underground tour - It's OK, but if you're strapped for time there's much more fun things to do.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
EMP is great if you are into music. Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame
Museum of Flight if you are an aviation buff. Home | The Museum of Flight
Antique Raceboat Museum for the hydros. Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum - Kent, WA.
Pike Place if always fun.
Waterfront is a walk away from Pike Market. Ye Olde Curiosity Shop if kitchy.
Go to the top of the Space Needle
Carillon Point in Kirkland is a nice spot on the water.
Mount Rainier is a day long event but worth it if you like the outdoors.
A ton of good restaurants in town... Wild Ginger, Canlis, Kell's Irish pub, Monsoon, Palomino
If you want to venture to the east side go up to Salish Lodge and check out the falls. Nice lunch spot.

Stop by on your way back into Seattle and I'll take you out in the 40!

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

The weather this weekend is looking excellent. You've picked a great time for a visit.

When you're cruising through Everett on your way in, take a quick 3-minute trip west on Hwy 526 for a drive-by of the Boeing plant where final assembly of the 747/767/777/787 is performed. Supposedly, it's the largest single-roof building in the world. It's an easy drive around the perimeter of the building, and just as easy to get back on the road heading south.

If you're not able to take in Snoqualmie Falls (definitely worth a look), have lunch at the Salish Lodge (excellent) and some hot laps of the neighborhood with Neal (like that kind of offer comes up all the time), let me know. Our RCR is scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon, and we're only 10 minutes off I-5 on your way home. I'll bet you can't tell me the last time you saw a Linden Green 40...

A word to the wise: watch the speedo. The State Patrol really has it out for those more that 5-over the posted limit in Snohomish county. :thumbsdown:

Have a great weekend!

Cheers guys.... looks like we're going to have a busy weekend.

Dutton... thanks for the advise, i'll take it easy. it looks more like we're returning back to B.C on monday but if your available, and i can talk the other half around i'd love to see your car.

Ditto what Neal and Tim said above. A couple more things that might be fun.

Go have lunch at Ivar's on the Seattle downtown waterfront - great seafood and a Seattle institution. Right next to Ivar's is a walk-on ferry that zips you across Elliot Bay (15 min ride) to Alki beach which is a great place for a walk along the water and a nice view with lots of good restaurants. The ferry comes back ever hour.

One other one that's fun and a little bit historic - the Seattle Underground Tour. You get to see some of the old part of Seattle which is actually underground and disused and pick up some Seattle history along the way.

Finally, if you want to check out a GT40 then shoot me a pm and you and your wife can come on by - we're about 5 miles north of downtown Seattle.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks Cliff, if i can i'd love to see your car.... but i have a feeling i know what her reaction will be..... full face helmet and groin guard on standby...lol

Back