Thinking of buying a gt 40?

It turns out, CAV Canada is probably my best bet to avoid any importing problems with transport canada. I also assumed they were only turn key, but have options for turn key minus and disassembled.

All I can say is that I sure do miss my CAV. A ski boat (for family fun) and other family vehicles in the garage just meant there wasn't enough room in there for a lightly-used vehicle not capable of doing school runs and such.

In my 7 years of owning the car I was uniformly impressed with the build quality and engineering smarts and detail. On other more mass-produced exotic cars I've owned there have inevitably been a few "what in the hell were they thinking?" moments in the course of maintenance and repair of the car...but not with the CAV. Everything is nicely placed/mounted, reasonably accessible, robust, finely engineered and durable, easy to work on, etc.

No doubt there are several very high quality manufacturers of GT40s replicas - RCR, Superformance, etc. The only one I have first hand experience with is CAV however, and I was highly impressed. The only car I have which is of higher quality is my RR Corniche...as it should be at $190,000 in 1983 when it was new (ouch). I'll be back into a GT40 replica before too long and I'll certainly keep my eye out for a CAV.

Hi Cliff,

Glad you had such good things to say about my "BLUE BEAUTY" that you got from me. I owned it for four and a half years and never had a nickel worth of trouble with it. It was the most fun thing I ever owned. Hope you are doing well.

JOSEPH

Attachments

• Blue Beauty .jpg
    Blue Beauty .jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Blue Beauty 1 .jpg
    Blue Beauty 1 .jpg
    309 KB · Views: 226
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 218
  • CAV & PORSCHE.JPG