Thinking of buying a gt 40?

RCR also has multiple levels of kit from our base chassis and body to the Deluxe plus.

My chassis has the ability to accommodate just about every transaxle offered in the market place too.

Our DP kit is shipped as a partial roller as part of the package too, this makes shipping easier for many customers too.

If i lived in the States then RCR would be a must have for me, I always think of Bill D's awesome RCR GT40 as one of the best builds i have seen.

Sponsorship dollars keep the WHOLE forum online ...not just our own forum sections.

QUOTE]

So do the numerous forum supporters.

I don´t see why the manufacturers on the forum should have the privilegue to drift a thread (unless directly addressed) which is clearly not about them.

Ron Earp

Admin
I don´t see why the manufacturers on the forum should have the privilegue to drift a thread (unless directly addressed) which is clearly not about them.

We have a couple of things going on here. Manufacturers aren't supposed to be advertising in the forums, they have their own forums for advertising. And, we also have a forum for providing feedback on manufacturers,
Feedback: Buyers, Sellers, & Vendors - GT40s.com , where this thread should have been started in the first place and where I'll probably move it.

Ron, what is the protocol if a non supporting manufacturer does not have their own forum but others are advertising on their behalf...?
Thx

Ron Earp

Admin
Not sure we have a protocol for such a situation although in general if someone is advertising for themselves, or on behalf of another company, and they are not a vendor, then the posts should be deleted. If the user continues doing so then the user will be deleted.

We put the vendor program in place because vendors like yourself, SPF, Tornado, etc. wanted to be able to have a banner advertisement and be able to advertise on the forum. For vendors that didn't wish to have their own forum, and most don't, we make a special forum where they can advertise their wares, run specials, and I know some vendors routinely and properly take advantage of that.

We also put the Feedback forum in place so that members could provide feedback, both positive and negative, on experience with vendors. That's the place where posts of "I sure love my Borgwald GT, Mr. Borgwald is great" should indexed. However, that doesn't apply to sponsored forums like the RCR and SPF forum where you and Rick decide what sorts of posts you wish to have in your own forum. Rightly so since you pay for them.

But there are always gray areas. Ex: A thread takes off in the All GT40 Forum where someone asks about what GT40 they should buy. The newbie asserts that Tornado doesn't offer disc brakes with their package, and he's looking at a Souther GT because they make their frame from unobtainium. I think that Andy should be able to step in and make a post simply correcting the improper information, and indeed, most times that is what Andy, you, and the others do. As long as the posts in the non-advertising subforums don't get to "advertisey" then it's all good.

Pat

Supporter
If CAV wants to pay to be a forum sponsor they can be as self serving as they like....I am sure there would be guys that would be happy to talk to the head guy there, here on our fantastic forum....

Fran, I don't think Jimmy works for CAV, he's just a happy owner.

Last edited:
Ron, I defer to your good judgment as to where my initial thread should go and forgive my initial placement in the ALL GT 40's thread.

My thinking was to "inform" those considering buying a GT 40....ANY GT40 that service after the sale is paramount to purchasing as a consideration when one is preparing to part with anywhere from 80+ - 100+K for one of these cars.....so with that being said let me add:

1) I'm not paid by CAV nor do I receive free parts or gifts in lieu of payment
for my comments

2) This was nothing more that as Pat Buckley correctly identified a customer testimonial about service I received and

3) that in this world where many of us receive shiite service in much of our lives good service should be acknowledged and praised and that's all that was meant by my comments.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ron, I defer to your good judgment as to where my initial thread should go and forgive my initial placement in the ALL GT 40's thread.

My thinking was to "inform" those considering buying a GT 40....ANY GT40 that service after the sale is paramount to purchasing as a consideration when one is preparing to part with anywhere from 80+ - 100+K for one of these cars.....so with that being said let me add:

1) I'm not paid by CAV nor do I receive free parts or gifts in lieu of payment
for my comments

2) This was nothing more that as Pat Buckley correctly identified a customer testimonial about service I received and

3) that in this world where many of us receive shiite service in much of our lives good service should be acknowledged and praised and that's all that was meant by my comments.

Jimmy,

Good to see a satisfied customer. And while it is not our product, the good service received and happy owner is good for ALL manufacturers and sets a bar for all to clear.

Said before and will say again now......different horses for different courses. Our car may be right one and not for another. So far I have met a couple of GT40 manufacturers/dealers; Johann for CAV, Fran for RCR, Scott for Toronado (and of course Jim Price) and all are guys I would have a beer with.......especially if they buy!

Veek, Great Idea.....count me in!

Rick, couldn't agree more and well said on your behalf. Its never been and never will be my place to "diss" anyones product and my comments were in no way meant to reflect anything of that sort. You know more than most this is a tough competitive world and to stay involved you have to produce a quality product that can stand up to the test of time. CAV, SPF, RCR, Tornado, and others appear to have survived one of the deepest recessions for some time and I'm sure that's due to a number of factors including service after the sale.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
That sounds like a great trip, I think another trip to Florida is in my future.

But Jimmy, Pat, I'm still hoping to see you guys out here in August.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
In this spirit of goodwill and free beer, why doesn't everyone do the “The Classic 24 at Daytona” set for Nov. 12-16, 2014?
It would be cool if there was a GT40 "beer and display" tent with all the manufactures represented.

First vintage 24-hour race in America coming to Daytona | Hemmings Daily

Looks like a great event. I wonder what the qualifications are to enter?

vintage24hourrace_900-700x494.jpg

Jim, you're always a welcome guest here in Florida and I'd love to see you out in California as that would be another bucket list item to check off.

Mike, you going to attempt to enter 2161? I'm volunteering as pit crew now if you do.

I'm leaning torwards the moncoque chassis, which I find is just visually more appealing, and closest to the original. Plus the fact that I just don't have the time for the assembly that comes with most tube frame kits.

Back