Time to let the cat out of the bag!

I suppose I can finally let the cat out of the bag now.

I'm not sure how big of a secret it is at this point, but many of you know that I am a freelance writer/photographer and automotive journalist (I use the term very loosely). I've shot feature cars and written tech articles and completed 2 tech books prior to this build. (See Amazon if you're interested)

Waaaayyyy back last year I talked with the editor of Kit-Car Magazine about doing a complete build series on my SLC. I was thinking something like a 2-3 article deal but that just wasn't good enough... 7. Yes a 7 part series was requested.

I told them I was building my ultimate dream car that could and thoroughly wanted me to die in every way possible (definition of "stupid fast") and could hit 'beast mode' with the blip of the throttle.

Kit Car Magazine

There will be a 6 tech article series starting with the June issue of Kit-Car Magazine with a 7th and final full feature on the car. I'm working on getting my local track to let me borrow it for a shoot, keep your fingers crossed.

So, if you're in the UK or Europe. I think you should be able to find the physical publication on the shelves shortly as the June issue has gone to print.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the help (lord knows I need it and still need it). It has been a tremendously great time and I truly appreciate the forum members and people I've met through this process. While the car is not complete and I'm currently wrapping up article #5 at the moment, I can honestly say this has been a fun experience.

I'm looking forward to take it to the track. It will run in it's first event in July at the Summer Street Nationals in St. Paul, MN.

Again, thank you everyone. I would not be nearly this far along if it wasn't for all the help and support from this group. :)

~Eric

Whoa! Undercover journalists among us! 60 Minutes (+ another 60 minutes + another 60 minutes + another 60 minutes + another 60 minutes . . . )

Oh, no! I better check my previous posts: I hope I didn't say anything that can be used against me in the Court of the Internet!

Back