Top 10 reasons to race a diesel race car...

10. Audi hasn’t done too badly with the idea, winning LeMans with depressing regularity over the past decade with diesel power.

9. Impressive torque out of a corner surprises other cars and makes their drivers weak.

8. Your pit stop strategy is based on the drivers’ ability to hold it in, not on needing to “fill it up”

7. “Burning coal” never looked so good!

6. Your race car has a bumper sticker that says “This car is a hybrid- it burns diesel and rubber!”

5. You only use ½ half of your tachometer, therefore saving even more energy!

4. You have more torques than any other car on track.

3. When you do pit for fuel, you don’t have to wait in line at the gas pump with the rest of the hoi polloi- diesel race cars have special pumps!

2. The hot chicks really dig diesel race cars because they don’t hurt their ears when they rev.

And the number 1 reason to race a diesel-powered car is…

1. You get to paint the car green!

p1_zpsea13115a.jpg

Come out to VIR to see the Baja Designs-sponsored Superlite Nemesis and Superlite LMP at the 13-hour Charge of the Headlight Brigade. Racing starts at 9:00 sharp, so be early on Saturday!

Don't need to turn the car off to refuel (applies to the public fuel pumps too) as diesel is not flammable.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
So you will sit in a tub of diesel while I toss in a match????

Mark's correct. Diesel won't ignite. It'll extinguish the match. (I believe the same applies to nitro[?].)

But, if one sits in a tub of that stuff, trust me, the diesel itself WILL burn your skin!

Hey that looks pretty good for a pieced together body. At least if the other RCR car in the race needs body work you can share some spares ;)

I insist on reading that one sponsor as "Whitebread Performance" ;P

So you will sit in a tub of diesel while I toss in a match????
My Grandfather was a fireman and used to do a demonstration with a bucket full (to the brim) of petrol. Toss the match in and it goes out. Empty the bucket and repeat :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
My Grandfather was a fireman and used to do a demonstration with a bucket full (to the brim) of petrol. Toss the match in and it goes out. Empty the bucket and repeat :)

"Empty" bucket goes BOOM!!!!

Liquid fuel does not burn, the vapors do!

But I STILL want to know if I can toss in the match while someone sits in deisel!?!?!

Back