Tough decision

Charlie M

Supporter
I've been wanting to build a GT40 for some time now and have been lurking here gathering all the information I can. I think I have the car choice narrowed down to RF or Tornado.

One thing that makes the choice difficult is trying to make the decision based on pictures on the internet. This leads to my question. Is there anyone in the New England area that has either one of these cars in any state of assembly that wouldn't mind me coming over to have a look and ask a lot of questions?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi Charlie

Don't ignore the GTD as a new build. Whilst no longer available as a 'complete kit of bits', the original chassis is still being manufactured by Roy Smart, along with all required suspension parts, arms, hubs, uprights etc etc.

Don't be put off by no official 'GTD Factory' - with the vast knowledge and support available on this forum, people supplying spares, completing the beast should not be an issue.

And YES, there is at least one GTD that I am aware of (possibly more) being built in New England - Speak up boys..

Charlie

If you can afford the RF....that's the one I'd pick.
It costs more than Tornado..but the suspension/brakes
are superior, the Audi tranny is common in the US,
you can't beat RF's support system...here and down under,
and I believe the shipment time is 1/2 of Tornado.

For various reasons I went with a DRB (GT40 Australia).
I'm very happy with it so far, but you won't find any
in New England.

MikeD

Hey Brian,
You are building GTD and live in New Hampshire. How about a comment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Joseph

Charlie,

If you are up for a road trip to Delaware, let me know.

I'd be glad to take you for a ride and answer any questions

that you might have.

Bill

Charlie, we have you covered, there are at least 2 GTDs, an RF, and an NZ under construction close by. Send me an email or PM with a contact and we'll set try to set something up.
Brian

I seem to have overlooked this thread until now. Shoot me an email and we can make arrangements to have you come over and look at my RF. Timing may be an issue with the holiday season upon us, but we'll work something out.

Back