Tragic accident in Germany.

CAV's DON'T have secondary fuel caps, only Monza caps??????

Not good! Add them, if you haven't already. It wouldn't take much

of an impact to pop a Monza cap open. See photos above!

It's hard to believe that in this day and age, that some form of

inspection/road certification in SA didn't REQUIRE them.

Bill

Juergen Schenten

Auto Futura is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our distributor Juergen Schenten. We would like to extend our sympathies to Juergen’s family and friends. Juergen visited Cape Town on several occasions and we grew to know and like him very much.

Auto Futura ist zutiefst betroffen ueber den tragischen verlusst unseres vertreibers Juergen Schenten. Wir moechten hiermit unser tiefstes mitleid an Juergen’s familie und freunde aussprechen. Wir haben Juergen waerend seiner mehrmaligen besuche in Kapstadt wirklich kennen und schaetzen gelernt.

Sincerely,
Auto Futura

Attachments

• Juergen 3.jpg
    Juergen 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 788
Howard Jones said:
MV6, is dead on correct! These cars must be treated as if you are on a 100+ hp super bike! Nobody sees you, the cabin's blind spots act just like a helmet on a bike, they are very fast and tail happy and will get you going much faster than you can stop quicker than you can spit. If you haven't done any track days with your car, do so. It will slow you down when street driving. I promise.
As someone who currently races Superbikes (formerly Pro AMA Superbikes) and instructs new racers as well as new track day riders ..... I can say that even the pedestrian STOCK GSXR1000 puts out over 150hp to the rear wheel. I have built and raced bikes with 200 RWHP and let me tell you there is no place on the street to let these animals loose safely. If you think a GT40 is too fast to exersize on the street (and I agree) TAKE IT TO THE TRACK. It is the only place for a Superbike to be ridden in it's natural environment, same would go for a race bred automobile.

I plan to street register my RCR (once I make up my mind which one to order!) tool around to the burger stand and to some car events. But when it comes time to really enjoy it in anger, 'it' will be on the track.

I totally agree that once you have driven your car on a track 'fast' will have a whole new meaning. I hear it all the time while instructing "Man! I used to think I was fast on the street, then I entered my first race and finished dead last". It's a real eye opener how fast 'fast' really is.

I have seven, yes seven motorcycles. Only one of them is a street bike and I rarely ride it. Why? because once you get addicted to the track - going 'fast' on the street just seems a whole lot less fun.

We have all lost dear friends to sport and to life, remember them well, remember them always.

Rob Mesa
See you at the track.

Back