Turn2 track day photos

Can't say you've not been successful anymore. Nice Job with the upload. Great pics too.
Is that your Red CAV GT 40 in the photos? If yes how'd she do on the track? Thanks for posting.

Yes Jimmy, I am proud to say this is my car! I have had it since '04 and just love it. It is a pre 100 car like yours. I installed the aftermarket uprights that Ian/RCR built for it. Cliff Beer was a big help lending me some tools that he made to make the install more simple.

The car has a 351sbf bored/stroked to 383 with the 48ida's, 208/166 heads. It sounds amazing under wide open throttle. It has a highly polished ZF that someone put a lot of time on.

At the track. The car still has the original seats. I slide all over the place when cornering. Having 335's in the rear and 225's in the front allows the front to understeer a bit. It needs something like 275's in the front and maybe go a little smaller in the rear for proper balance. The brakes seem to work well. I don't boil the fluid or smoke the brakes which is a plus. I did have the brake bias a little too much to the rear causing me to spin once. Having no abs at the track allowed me to practice my threshold braking. That was fun! It was not the fastest down the straight though. My buddy brought his 700 hp 2800 lb ground pounder. He could pull me going straight.

I have another dedicated track car which is a lot of fun and pulls great times. Being a national instructor and having the pleasure of driving so many customer cars, nothing excites me more than driving the GT40. For me to turn this into more of a track car, would take quite a bit. I'm not sure if I want to do that yet....

Had no idea the Ridge was running trackdays in the middle of the winter. It's been unusually dry, but still pretty cold that week. Had to have been a little slick?

Thanks Tom. Its nice to see a CAV driven in anger and no doubt she's a great looking car both on and off the track. There appears to be quite an assortment of cars in attendance too from the high $ to the low budget. It must be a lot of fun for everyone. What Serial # CAV do you have?

Sorry I have been away for a bit. I just got back from the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale Az. Seeing and hearing Michael Schumacher's F1 Ferrari was amazing. Seeing it go for $1.7m was also amazing.

My CAV is 64 I think. I need to go out and look.

The track was cold, but we were able to get some heat into the tires! We do run winter track days as it is a total shame not to use those rare wonderful days we sometimes get. PM me and I can get you on the email list if you want.

Back