TV Series Based Upon Le Mans in the 50s and 60s...

You read that right - a TV series based upon Le Mans in the 1950s and 1960s. Brothers Ridley and Tony Scott (Gladiators, American Gangster...) will produce the show and the money behind it is equally impressive.

The show will be based upon a book by Wallace Wyss titled, "Shelby: The Man, The Cars, The Legend."

Here is an interview Wally about the book and his involvement. (Included is the press release from the studio).

Le Mans TV Series Drama - 'The Drivers'

Hope this project make it to the screen, it will be great for future generations of our sport. Should breed much needed new gearheads to keep our bloodline going :)

And this from the interview - what a great introduction to cars

Wyss: It was purely happenstance. I was walking down a street in Detroit and this lady came tearing around a corner in a 427 Cobra S/C and pulled up to me and asked me where the Convention Center was. I said, “If you give me a ride, I’ll show you.” I jumped in and we proceeded there, at a ferocious pace, and I met Shelby and Phil Remington and others in his crew, who were preparing for the Detroit Auto Show. The lady, named Pat Merone, was part of the entourage. So from that moment on, I was hooked and began to collect information. Later I visited the Shelby plant at LAX when they were still in business, before they moved Shelby production to Michigan.

Back