UN 1 linkage

Hi,
I resently purchased a UN 1 trans, but have no linkage set up for it, my car has a double cable set up would anyone have a good picture of there set up that I could follow(copy) for my car. Ill post pictures of the trans if it would help.
Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

Here are a few pictures of a standard setup as supplied by GTD. Hope they help.

Regds,

Attachments

• gearchange 1.jpg
    gearchange 1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 817
  • gearchange 2.jpg
    gearchange 2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 828
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 765
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 805
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 858
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 858
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,109
Julian,
Thanks a ton for the pictures they are great and answer a lot of my questions. and Frank I'll PM you on the missing parts I need for mine and thanks a million to both of you.
Bob

Hi,
After looking over my trans I noticed it doesn't look the same as Julians trans. would anyone be able to ID my trans by these pictures?
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

What does the tag that is on the rear cover, at the 5 o'clock position, have stamped on it?

From what I can see of casting marks on the rear cover, it was cast in either '85 or '83. Its difficult to read.

If it is in fact one of the more desirable axles, you have an ideal setup for a rod type shift linkage set-up, as you seem to have the single cross shaft, shift mechanisim.

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Consider changing those knuckle joints to heim joints for a more precise change. Also heat sheild the cables and joints aroud the gearbox end as they will get hot from the exhausts.

The box looks like a version of the earlier GTD box based on the Reault 30, having a final drive ratio of 3.88, not 3.44 of the R21T box that is most favoured. If so you will be limited in top end speed ---- Frank

Looks like an R30 box. If so, it has the 3.89 final drive, but the added advantage of a 4-spider diff unit. The type of box it is, is engraved on the back of the crownwheel. You will probably see the markings 369 .... whatever .... This indicates a Renault 30 or 20 box. Count the number of spider gears in the diff, if there are 2, its probably a Renault 20, that has a 4.11 diff. I'll check my stash of Renault Bellhousings - the position of the starter was different on the V6's to the 4's.

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but does anybody have pics/information on a rod-type linkage for the UN1? I did a search and couldn't find anything, thanks!

As I'm in the middle of collecting parts for a UN1 rod-shift mechanism for my Tornado, I've finally got my head around what I need. Tornado sell a complete system, as shown, but I plan to use the previously mentioned GTD design, with the gear-lever end similar to what Ultima use.

Hope this all helps
Regards
Andy

Attachments

• Tornado Rod shift.jpg
    Tornado Rod shift.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 682
  • Ultima gear linkage.jpg
    Ultima gear linkage.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 596
  • Ultima gear linkage 2.jpg
    Ultima gear linkage 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 620
Hydra,

Part number 40-67 Right hand rod type gear linkage, complete including selector lever and all fixings.

395.00 Pounds Sterling

Any questions at all just call or e-mail.

Merry Christmas,
Scott

Thanks for all the pics and info guys - keep it coming!

Scott, this isn't going in a GT40, I'm building a 914 with a Mustang 5.0 and UN1...

Back