UN1 Oil Level & Leak

Shaun

Supporter
Evening all
Ok so filled my recon UN1 last night to just below the fill hole as I ran out of oil, that was 3L, popped up tonight to see a puddle of oil under the box, seems to be coming out from the drive shafts, worse on the passenger side, I assume UN1 is fill to plug level? If so then any thoughts as to why this leaks, it was sourced from Chris Cole via SGT as a full rebuild with LSD
I will be none to happy if I have to pull the box as need an engine start soon to boost moral :)
Cheers

Shaun

Supporter
Yes that about it, I put 3L in and it was under the mark will have a chat with Mick tomorrow got a list of questions building anyway

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi
Bob is correct the oil works down the splines.

On the driveshaft side of the adaptor, I have seen a simple idea of fitting a blank metal disc about he size of a 2p coin, and sealing it in, and then once fitted on the shaft and roll pin fitted the roll pin should then be filled with silicon to stop the oil working around it and dripping,

Quick on the road fix is insulation tape over the roll pin to stop the centrifugal force moving the oil from splines past the roll pins

Ian

Shaun

Supporter
Good lord that was a Renault design special !!!! Thanks will take on board and having a chat with Mick as I have a small list of questions, cheers all

Back