Uprights

Hello
I have the chassis drawings already but I'm looking for a good design for front and rear uprights
I want to build them with audi hubs bearings together with audi transaxle and axels

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hello,
Look into GT Forte, Darren George use Audi O1E or O1X with bolt on Audi bearing carriers. I cant remember what I had, but the carriers bolted from inside the rear upright. Could possibly be an idea...
On the front its mostly Granada mk2 uprights with 5 bolt hubs used.
I think Roaring Forties also used the O1E in their design.
Well, best of luck with your design and build

Morten

Attachments

• 95AA9092-2AA9-487D-AE12-5C1ED21C0AEE.jpeg
    95AA9092-2AA9-487D-AE12-5C1ED21C0AEE.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 735EE07E-8AB2-49E4-A182-73F08026CEDA.jpeg
    735EE07E-8AB2-49E4-A182-73F08026CEDA.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 460
John, not sure where you are located but Holden Commodore rear bearings are a better option as they are wider and handle the V8 options with ease, the hubs are also great for scratch building uprights. Axels were also nice and strong.

Attachments

• DSCF3653.JPG
    DSCF3653.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCF3659.JPG
    DSCF3659.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 406
John, not sure where you are located but Holden Commodore rear bearings are a better option as they are wider and handle the V8 options with ease, the hubs are also great for scratch building uprights. Axels were also nice and strong.
I'm from the Netherlands so holden is not a easy thing to get
I want 't take audi bearing and spindel because I like to keep the combination by one audi box axels and spindel
So I'm only look for a good design for the uprights front and rear

John
On page one post 11 is the rear upright I made using a toyota bearing
Post 91 is the front upright using toyota bearings.
Ignore the front upright on page one as I dumped them for the latter on 91
Hope it helps.

Jim

I think that should be right, the Monaro was based of the VT Commodore which was a 4 door 5 seat sedan. There is some changes to the body shell, doors are obviously longer on them and the seat backs have a leaver that allows them to flip forward but a lot of the other parts carry over. I am fairly certain that they would have used the same rear suspension arms and chassis mounting points. Later version of the commodore got a minor change to the rear suspension geometry to try and cure the camber and toe issues when the suspension squats, as it was causing rear tire wear issues. I don't think this would have changed the wheel bearing, hub or drive shaft though. This same geometry and design would have carried through from the VT generation right up to the next major body change which occurred with the VE generation chassis. I.e. rear hubs from VT, VX, VY, VU, VZ models should all be the same. The Monaro was somewhere in the middle of all of that. Wilwood offer a rear brake upgrade kit for the Monaro. the hand brake mechanism is also a drum brake that fits inside the rear disc and is largely concentric with the hub. It bolts on to a backing plate that mounts towards the front of the bearing face. Holden Special Vehicles models may have also come with a larger axle and CV joint but I am not 100% sure on this. What I can say is that with the heavy 4dr sedans being fitted with the LS engine and lots of local development in Australia, there has been plenty of people beating on and testing the durability of the hubs and axles.

Back