venom kit cars???

guys,,,

i am new to this..on ebay right now there is a venom kit car for sale...

can anybody advise on what is nneded??? to start this project if i buy it

thanks for that,,,,i am new to this,,,,i am keen to begin a project like this...i have the skill to make it happen,,,i am concerned with what i am looking at on ebay....i tried to call him 3 times...no answer

Nick , i bought a base kit off him a couple of months ago , he is a difficult guy to get hold of ,
also beware local kit manufacturers are reluctant to supply parts for his kits , your on your own as far as sourcing parts/info to build one,

cheers T L

Different stages i believe. When i began looking into 40's i tried contacting him several times with minimal success. But i think if your venturing into one of these kits, support and location are enormous factors to consider.

Cheers
Paul

wow... i think i have my mind up about this kit...i will look at other vendors...thanks for the advice

If you're thinking GT40's, the only local kits available are from The New Roaring Forties in Melbourne. DRB are selling parts and offering support, but have ceased making kits. RCR Australia has ceased, and Craig White (was local agent) appears to be moving into various things.
You can import, but then don't have local support. And beware if you want road registration, our ADR's and regulations are very strict.

Maybe have a chat to Craig from Absolute Pace, I know he is doing some great deals at the moment for the first batch of 40's.

Cheers
Paul

Nick, some good advice here so far.

Building a GT40 replica is a substantial investment in time and money. My ony advice is to look at the total complexity, cost and what the finished product will be like from all manufacturers. If possible, visit each manufacturer in person, talk to owners. Make sure you do plenty of research.

Good luck with it.

Congratulations to the successful bidder on the Venom body/chassis. A very good buy.

It will be a challenge, but this forum, and it's members, will always be your fallback. I started with a similar project, and it aint just bolting part A to bit B.

I wish you the best.

Clive

Thats the spirit Clive , there would be numerous members on this forum that scratch/bought built outside the known or usual form of obtaining a gt40 replica and would definately feel a little bit isolated , but thanks to guys like yourself and other members that are more than willing to help with the build progress , it's an amazing forum

I suspect that the new owner will be in touch with RF shortly as that chassis design looks awefully similar to the original RF chassis. ;)

(Cough)... Rip off. lol

so guys,,,,is there any unfinished projects in australia that i can buy???? i am a liitle confused on the sale of these cars on the forum,,,,

Nick, if your seriously thinking of an aussie part build kit, I would suggest you have a look thru the build threads, particularly some of the older ones, work out which are in aussie--check the country flag on the builders posts. You should be able to get the drift so to speak as to whether construction has stalled, then send the builder a PM or Email... be polite, in some cases you might be asking where the builder is in a situation he would prefer not to be in, but.. nothing ventured/nothing gained. I would guess that there are more part finished projects than completed ones, just that most folk keep on hopeing they will get the time or $$ to finish...you never know..

Back