Vinny P's RCR GT40

Vinny P

Supporter
Awesome! Are you getting them to do the accessory drive or doing that yourself?
I will be keeping it simple using RCR brackets and accessories that come with the deluxe kit and installing myself. A ford motorsport short racing water pump has already been installed by Prestige.

Vinny P

Supporter
I have been working on my RCR40 and I have not been updating until now. I have taken the chassis apart and reassembled suspension, that's pretty cut and dry so no need for details on that. It took some time to set up my rear suspension just shy of 95" to center the rear wheels as much as possible on my +2 suspension. Wheels on the RCR +2" suspension tend to sit way back and not esthetically pleasing.

Attachments​

• 20231111_173852.jpg
    20231111_173852.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231111_173216.jpg
    20231111_173216.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 1
Report Edit Delete
V
Vinny P
Rod lengths had to be, modified. I am also going to rework the wheel openings for final fitment. I am not going to use the flares supplied by RCR for the rocker panels. I plan on tapering the quarters to blend into the rockers. I also added wheel spacers, so wheels are slightly closer to inner wells, no need to cut excess material off the studs.

Last edited:

Randy Folsom

Supporter
I have been working on my RCR40 and I have not been updating until now. I have taken the chassis apart and reassembled suspension, that's pretty cut and dry so no need for details on that. It took some time to set up my rear suspension just shy of 95" to center the rear wheels as much as possible on my +2 suspension. Wheels on the RCR +2" suspension tend to sit way back and not esthetically pleasing.

Attachments​

• 20231111_173852.jpg
    20231111_173852.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231111_173216.jpg
    20231111_173216.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 1
Report Edit Delete
V
Vinny P
Rod lengths had to be, modified. I am also going to rework the wheel openings for final fitment. I am not going to use the flares supplied by RCR for the rocker panels. I plan on tapering the quarters to blend into the rockers. I also added wheel spacers, so wheels are slightly closer to inner wells, no need to cut excess material off the studs.
Vinny, Nice to hear you are making progress. Did you use spacers on both the front and back? Also, how thick are the spacers you are using? Cheers, Randy

Vinny P

Supporter
Vinny, Nice to hear you are making progress. Did you use spacers on both the front and back? Also, how thick are the spacers you are using? Cheers, Randy
Hi Randy, I just used the spacers on the back 3/16" thick. Slight improvement the r/s sits perfect the left side quarter/flare has an odd shape and needs some help. lol. Width of the front wheelbase is ok no spacers needed. My front wheels are very close to body when turning lock to lock, not sure if I will need to go to a smaller front tire to prevent rubbing. Fran quoted me a smaller Avon front tire but sold me a larger one. Don't know why. How is your car coming along?

Randy Folsom

Supporter
Hi Randy, I just used the spacers on the back 3/16" thick. Slight improvement the r/s sits perfect the left side quarter/flare has an odd shape and needs some help. lol. Width of the front wheelbase is ok no spacers needed. My front wheels are very close to body when turning lock to lock, not sure if I will need to go to a smaller front tire to prevent rubbing. Fran quoted me a smaller Avon front tire but sold me a larger one. Don't know why. How is your car coming along?
I am still waiting for delivery. Seems like March, maybe February. I bought my Avons and had them drop shipped to RCR. I ordered them back in September because the future of Avon was uncertain. I hope they don’t get misplaced. Do you have a link for the spacers?

While I am waiting, I decided to build a Factory Five Cobra. I bought a kit that had already been started, thinking that it would go together quickly. Big mistake. After three months, it is finally in the ready to build stage. And it does have a 351w/427 with 500 HP running pump gas through a carb. Hoping to get it at least drivable before the GT40 arrives.

Vinny P

Supporter
CVR protorque starter 5055 It fits tight, but you can rotate it on the flange to maximize clearance. I tried the equivalent model from powermaster with the same results. If I pull the motor I will cut out a slot in the chassis or cut and weld the oil pan for more clearance in the future.

Back