Wait time for ERA?

Anyone have any idea what the wait time to get an ERA GT40 kit? I am assuming it is at least 2 yrs.

Straight from ERA website:

How long will it take for me to get a kit?

Actual production time for a basic kit is about 6 weeks, but there is usually a waiting list, currently over two years. Occasionally, we might have an available spot in the queue from a cancellation, but this is unusual. Please call Peter for any such opportunities. 860-224-0253. Sorry, but you can't get that information via e-mail.

I remember reading on Club Cobra that wait for GT40 was 3 years. All the good manufacturers will have wait times, GT40 Australia who are local to me are absolutely flat out. Don't think I should mention here the number of backordered chassis they have, but lets just say it blew my socks off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif One of the reasons I bought a 2nd hand chassis.

Best to talk to Peter for current data.

As for my car....
Ordered my ERA the end of December, 1999. ERA started construction on the monocoque in Jan. 2002. Took delivery of the kit in Jan. 2003. On the road the end of October, 2003.
Fantastic car. Have put 13,000 miles on it since then.

Jon
Ordered mine Jan 2001 just took delivery 3 weeks ago. I think ERA has really kicked up production i've never seen so many cars in various stages. I believe there are 4 cars currently being worked on. all I can say is well worth wait every time i look at my awesome gt #2076
LLoyd

I spoke to Peter recently. The wait time has beem reduced to about 1 yr. I am currently debating getting the ERA GT vs the Ford GT. I am going to wait it out a yr and see what happens to the Ford GT in terms of price. Downside to the Ford GT in Virginia is the outrageous car tax I will have to pay each yr, close to approx. $5000. I currently pay $1900 for my Viper GTS each yr. The ERA car would be considered a classic and exempt. That is a strong incentive.

I'm also curious about the superformance car. However, there appears to be no real data to my knowledge after 1 yr of it being 'announced' on this board.

Jose,
TWM throttle bodies,RedLine independent runner intake, with a Haltech E6K ECU. The Haltech also does the direct fired ignition using a Hall switch looking at magnets embedded in the flywheel. They have released a newer ECU since I got mine several years ago.

Dave

Hey Jon, where in VA are you? I am also in VA.

Have you looked at the RF as a possibility as well? I've been in the very early planning stages (won't buy for a few more years yet) of a GT40 kit myself and I like the looks of the RF kit.

John

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jon, where in VA are you? I am also in VA.

Have you looked at the RF as a possibility as well? I've been in the very early planning stages (won't buy for a few more years yet) of a GT40 kit myself and I like the looks of the RF kit.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

John,
I am in Vienna. I have seen the RF kit at Carlisle at it is quite impressive. However, my opinion is that the ERA has no match from what I've seen. It does cost much more than the others though. I'm no builder, so to have one built for me would be not so far off on the retail of a Ford GT.

I have owned two ERA GT (2002 & now 2075) and two ERA 427 (0020 which is 24 years old). You will have a great product and good support from ERA. I will have to wait for summer to drive 2075 since is not 100% yet

I will but I need to change the resolution since they are way to big. What EFI you have? How easy is to setup and the cost?

Back