Warts and all GT40 Australia #48

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: GT40 Australia #48

No sorry Norman, the reflection from the mirrors,lap dancing
pole and the water in the jaccuzi messed up camera flash.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

Hey Pete
My car is angry with you for that stretch impression, in fact it's added you to it's hate list: Porsche, Ferrari, Pete, etc.Not a good Idea to come to Melbourne in the near future it may eat you.
Ross

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Sorry for taking the liberty Ross,but at least you can lay claim to owning the only stretch gt in the world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Look forward to meeting you at the Grand Prix.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Been awhile since I posted.Coz nothing to report /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My car is in the body shop being prepared for painting.
I can only hope that the bloke doing it is as good and thorough as he is slow. Very frustrating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Had a look at Flatchat punting his yellow GT40 at Queensland raceway Sunday.The sound it makes at full noise down the straight is very very impressive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford

Pete to put your mind at rest I personaly know Graham the guy who is preparing your car for the paint shop and he is one of the best you can get both in quality and speed so hang in there mate you will not regret it Regards Denis

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Denis, everyone who knows Graham speaks very highly
of him and his work.Graham rang me after reading my post and he seems like a real pro. I guess I am just an impatient bastard!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am just an impatient bastard!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't we all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great to meet you yesterday at the monthly GT40 Australia BBQ. Be a great day when we can both drive there in our GT40's.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Craig,likewise. YEP I look forward to that day.Might even open a bottle or two to celebrate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Happy New year everybody!! Some pics from the paint shop
thanks to Peter Ransom for taking them. Progress you bewdy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 50232-Paint-Shop-13-Jan-05-001.jpg
    50232-Paint-Shop-13-Jan-05-001.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 872

Just doesn't get much better than seeing the paint go on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just noticed the other day that Mazda Velocity Red has a mica fleck through it. Unusual for such a solid colour. Probably what makes it look so good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I noticed Mazda also has mica in their solid yellow colour as well...interesting.

Hey, have you decided about pin stripe colours?

It's beautiful Pete! She's a stunner!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Guys,
I can't wait to see it together either.
Craig I decided on the blue stripe it highlights the silver
better than the black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Glad you went with the blue pin stripe, it will have more flair.

I also can't wait to see it(and hear it), once it's together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back