Warts and all GT40 Australia #48

Re: GT40 Australia #48

Well Pete, I give credit where credit is due. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think it was very quick to see that much progress after my post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Personally I think you will make your dead lines. You seem to have a great enthusiasm for doing the work. It goes quickly when you have that type of attitude.
NOW GET BACK IN THAT GARAGE AND GET TO WORK !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just crackin the whip a little .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Hersh, I would love to take the credit, but I'M not doing the work. Just taking pics of the work PR and his crew at GT40 Australia are doing for me. Of course I am a very good supervisor (AKA pain in the butt)and make "helpful" suggestions all the time. (AKA dumb ass suggestions)My job
is to make the $$$$$ to pay for it and decide what colours
to paint it.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Correct Pat, especially choosing the colour, I reckon the more colours I look at the more confused I get. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Does a red horn make you go faster? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 43023-horn.jpg
    43023-horn.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,020

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Pipes fit, don't worry about the look, they will come off
for beauty treatment.

Attachments

• 43025-Motor-18-08-04-001.jpg
    43025-Motor-18-08-04-001.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,164

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Having a serious chat with Peter Ransom about how to lower
my car and get wider wheels. (See next pic)

Attachments

• 43191-seriousdisc.jpg
    43191-seriousdisc.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,093

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

next pic..needs lowering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 43192-needslowering.jpg
    43192-needslowering.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,153

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Hi Pete - you're right, it could do with dropping an inch or 2 & wider wheels ! Backing off the damper settings might also help a bit !

In the gearbox pics, I trust that the red covering on the shift cable is some sort of heat shield material - I found out the hard way about not doing that (melted about a foot of the cable sheath). The CAT's I had to use were fairly large, & that meant that hot things got a bit too close to the cable.

I ended up running a sheet of semi-flexible heat shield over the top of the gearbox, & running the new shift cable horizontally along the side of the box, below the heat shield. The end of the cable fixes to a bracket on the outer end of the gearbox shaft rotation lever, & the lever is braced across the top to stop any fore & aft springiness.

So far so good - the feel of the shift is nice & positive, & there are no more puddles of melted plastic on the floor !!

Your car seems to be leaping ahead quickly - any idea on a completion date as yet ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Peter, that covering on the cable is heat resistant, P.R. has the same stuff on his car and he has clocked up quite a few clicks on his car now with no drama.Don't ask me what it is made of I have no idea.
Hope to have the beast finished before Christmas, but there is still heaps to do. Paint & preparation, seats made and fitted, carpets and upholstery, Dashboard and instruments.fire up the engine and tune. And the toughest and most time consuming, getting it registered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

A coil for each cylinder!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 43255-gt40build013.jpg
    43255-gt40build013.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 994
Back