Water Inlet AN Fitting?

I am working on the cooling system on my RF GT40. There is an AN tap on the RF water spout that attaches to the water pump (the one that holds the thermostat). I can't seem to find any refernce to that fitting in the manual. What does it connect to?

Thanks for any answer!

Isn't that a fitting added for connecting up to the bleed lines people have been adding to the rear of the intake manifold for control of steam pockets?

40Bud,

What do you mean? Are they connecting it to one of the tapped holes in the intake??

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Kevin,

Sorry for the delay in answering but I have been in hospital with kidney stones for the last two weeks, two operations, 3 stones , one over 3/8 inch in diameter. #$%^& ing painful is all I can say.

Regarding the thermostst bypass, on most aftermarket inlet manifolds, the rear of the heads are not connected as they are with the standard Ford manifolds. This does not allow steam to escape and this area increases in temperature and is sometimes said to "boil". Very common practice in top level racing is to use a by-pass to allow the steam to escape and keep the head temperature constant over its length. We have done this and the AN fitting you have found is it point where the water by-passes reenter the syatem.

Any other problems please contact me directly.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert, sorry to hear about your Kidney Stones - I hope all is now well - I've been there done that - Twice! - and NEVER want to do it again. The good news is it feels SO GOOD when it stops hurting!! My doctor described it as "trying to fire a bowling ball thru a garden hose" - and that seems like as good a description as needed.

Best wishes for a speedy & full recovery!

Robert,

Hope you are on the way to recovery. Things like that happen when you hang out with Hershal... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kevin,
Now I know why we have not seen much of you in awhile.

Mike

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Mike,

Back to hospital for another operation tommorow. Hopefully this willbe the last one.

Will be OFF LINE for a few days,

Best wishes,

Robert

Back